Buy and sell ad 03 r6 $4600
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buy and sell ad 03 r6 $4600

Bike
    1991 RGV250M

Buy and sell ad 03 r6 $4600

I thought this was a typo so i e-mailed the guy.
    The bike is in Germany and he will ship it for free.
    Too good to be true?

this was his e-mail.

Good Day ,

Firstly you should know that the bike is in Germany. The total price for the Yamaha YZF-R6 is only 4800 CAD and in this price all the shipping taxes are included so you will have a free delivery to your home address. I'm the first owner of the bike.The bike has never been laid down.The bike is in perfect shape , it has 300 miles , no damage , no scratches , engine in perfect running condition , tires in perfect condition , it has a clean title. Everything on this Yamaha YZF-R6 is authentic , all parts are original and it has the
    original numbers on the motor.

I will ship the bike through DHL Service ( www.dhl.com ) and you will receive it within 3-4 days to your home address*( I will give you the tracking number from DHL Service and you could check and see exactly when you will receive the bike)* .

For payment i accept money orders like Western Union Service ( you can find a Western Union Service in a bank , post office , or even a store . You can check at : www.westernunion.com ) . If you want more pics and the VIN number then please e-mail me back and i will send them right away .

Thank you very much for your consideration and I would look forward to talk with you in case you are interested and you want to purchase the bike.

Sincerely ,

Dennis

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    HHHmmmm Ian, Beware......You know the old "If it sounds too good to be true......" About 7-8 months ago I saw an add for a 2002 R1 $9,000 at a Yamaha dealer in Langley (who will remain un-named). I thought cool, great deal....gonna pick me up a shiny new Yam. She looked awesome.....what a steal. Not a scratch. Salesman got the key, turned it on....49,000 kms! Holy shit my 98ZX9R only has 24,000. I decided to pass. He could easily sell that in Germany....why does he need to ship it here?

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    GERMANY?????

Is the guy local? If so I think I'd arrange for a neutral third party to hold the money and accept delivery for you. Get one of the bike shops to fill in and pay them $100 or so for their troubles. I suspect it would be "insurance" money well spent.

Maybe I'm just the suspicious type but it seems like it would be super easy to ship you a box of quamquats marked "Yamaha"..... or a crashed or stolen bike.

We ARE talking about one of the market's more popular machines both here and over there. I can't believe that he can't sell it there for that money and thus pocket the shipping money.

Also it would be up to you to have the bike inspected to ensure that it meets our domestic vehicle standards. That means that you would have to ensure the daytime running lights are functional and cannot be switched off and that it had our big assed turn signals on it at least long enough to pass inspection.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    R6
    Forget about it, possible scam big time! The shipping alone would be over two grand. Locally to ship a truck by rail to the east coast, it will cost over a grand ($1500). I would have to say unless he works for an airline/freight company, it's going to cost a pretty penny!
    Last edited by Twister; 09-07-2003 at 05:47 PM.

Bike
    I wish.
    Yup, exactly what Bruce said. Use a 3rd party to inspect it before payment.
    BCSB- Administrator

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    Originally posted by Twister
    Forget about it, possible scam big time! The shipping alone would be over two grand, just to put a vehicle on a train and shipped too the east coast, the cost is over a grand!
    Maybe, but to ship my dirtbike from the east coast it was under $400 US, which is well under a grand. And if the guy had a dealer contact he could be getting shipping for a fraction of the cost that a guy off the street pays.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email

Bike
    None
    i vote scam!

on ebay they had a buncha dudes supposely from Rome/Italy trying to sell new sportbikes, with no reserve and starting price of like 99$ US...

i bet they'll just take ur money and run... what can ya do? They're all the way in europe :P let me guess, he has a hotmail/yahoo-type email addy?

'04 R1 - You are mine! Array FloMan's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes please! Oh! That wasn't a question?
    Scam. Sport bikes are quite a bit more expensive in Europe then they are in North America. For him to sell it here at even a lower value then the North American used bike market makes no sense.

He could sell that bike in Germany as used, for pretty much what we pay here for new bikes without any troubles.

Last edited by FloMan; 09-07-2003 at 06:20 PM.
    “Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko.”
    -John Loeffler

“The truth will set you free, but first it will make you sick.”
    -Unknown

Bike
    sounds fishy to me....

even with the vin #, there is no way to tell it's a stolen bike unless you some how check with authorities in germany....

sounds too good to be true.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    1991 RGV250M

Bike
    so low km's, and why is the picture sooo.. blurry??

BCSB- Moderator

G4Rider
    I wouldn't go near that, that's just too good to be true and at the same time smells fishy.

Bike
    sold
    and ya ....its a yahoo email......SCAM!!!!

Bike
    A black one
    He says the bike has a clear title and most likely it does..............in the name of the guy he stole it from.
    Hug a two stroke....you`ll never go back to trees.

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    FORGET ABOUT IT.

Think about this... WHY would they want to sell overseas instead of selling locally? It's like you posting an ad in Europe to sell your bike... why?!