In remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley

In remembrance of Sept. 11, 2001

I was an on-call firefighter at the time and felt the loss of the 343 firefighters particularly hard.
    I just wanted to say that everyone, and not just the firefighters, who lost their lives on Sept. 11 in the myriad of attacks in the U.S. is on my mind today and my prayers are still with all the families.
    Surprisingly, for someone who writes for a living, I can't think of anything else I want to say.
    Your thoughts would be appreciated as well on this day of remembrance.
    Never forget.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Purevil is soooooo dreamy Array Flyin''s Avatar
    00 Ninja, 02 F4i, 99 R6 Race, 04 R6 Race... nuthin. :(
    I can't believe it has already been two years since it happened. I still remember exactly what I was doing when I first heard the news.

I quickly read one article in the Province this morning before I rushed off to work. It still manages to twist my heart when I hear about the stuff that went on. I think the worst of it is when they (the TV news) play back the phone messages the victoms left to their loved ones from their cell phones and office phones when they knew certian death was in their future.

My heart goes out to all the families and friends.
    Big Jim "There's really no excuse for you being a fucking wanker either, but you still carry on."
    Big Jim "STFU YFI"

I took a few minutes around 9:11am this morning to quietly think and whisper kind words out to the people whom we have loss over the tragic period of 911.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    i think i woke up wif the obligatory mornin' bone...and then i saw two on the telly..made me feel better.....and then sad.
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Twins Are Better Array IcemanRR's Avatar
    1998 TLR
    I have been having such a mundane week some blame it on the weather, I blame it on the fact that the anniversary of 9/11. Its unfortunate that this is the incident where I will remember for the rest of my life, what I was doing when the tradgedy happened.

Working in the policing community, I felt a loss in the family even if it was on the other side of the continent.

May the memories of those who lost their lives in the tradgedy be allowed to survive forever in those that remember them.

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    For many of us, this event could possibly be the most impacting in our lives, on a global scale anyway. I remember glued to the TV for a good week after it happened.

A couple days ago, they were showing this show on PBS that analyzed the series of events and what led to the towers eventually collapsing. It was very interesting to watch.

Also, there is one unseen footage which someone captured both planes crashing into the towers. The person had tried to sell it for the past two years but was unsuccessful. Supposedly the first time it's ever been broadcast was this morning on ABC's Good Morning America... I haven't seen it yet, but would like to...

Hookedonphonics dropout Array f4kneedragger's Avatar
    This day is significant for me because my stepmother is an American, and lost friends in the attacks.
    My thoughts and prayers to the Haichek, Blankenship, and all the families who are remembering a lost one.
    " JESUS SAVES "...
    " But Miroslav Satan picks up the rebound and SCORES!!!"
    " What a move!, he beat JC like a redheaded step child."

This event impacted my family as well. My uncle and his wife both worked in the WTC. I remember the stress and anxiety I felt while we waited for news. Luckily for our family, my uncle and his wife both had meeting in one of the smaller buildings that morning and got away unscathed. Since then we have all made an effort to be closer.

My heart and prayers go out to the families that werent so lucky.

Whalley.. NYC.. CNY.. New West.. Kelowna.. good gawd back to New West
    98 Gixxer 750... crumpled.. 01 Gixxer 1000 crumpled... 04 XR650R motard
    I lost a good friend from College in Tower II... that day... it's strange to think that I won't see his smilling face at reunion next year...

The face of NYC has definitely changed... and so have the people.. my heart goes out to all those who lost there lives on that tragic day.
    Rip shit!

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Vancouver Island
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Yeah, I saw part of a TV program on PBS last night about this tragedy. It still seems unreal. Obviously, my thoughts go out with those still dealing with having lost loved ones that day, particularly the kids who were born after 9/11 who will never have a chance to know their fathers.

I don't know how the killing of innocent people serves to further any terrorist's goals.
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

Ryu Kobushi
    I will always remember this day, it was almost a month exactly affter the atacks that i went into the US army, everyone at home worried constantly about me being sent off to Afghanistan or some far off war torn part of the world, but strangly enough while in basic training, it was like it was over, the Drill Sergants told us stories about how Bin Laden was already captured and the war was over. It wasnt until i got out of the Army 5 months later that i realized the Drill Sergants had lied to us, and the war was still going on, i believe that for many people afected by this that the war will never end in their hearts, the pain and anguish of loss, for the fierfighters, the families, and the soilders fighting terrorism it will never stop for them. I remember this day and i honor the people who have given up their lives to protect the freedom for their country.
    God Bless.

my cousin worked for AMEX in tower II and transferred to the HongKong head office just 6 days before the towers went down so our family was lucky, but my deepest sympathies go out to the families of all the victims...

A ---> B
    I remember my roommate coming in to wake me up about 3 hours early to tell me about what had happened. I was angry at being woken up at first, but then I turned on the TV about 10 minutes after Tower 2 went down.

It was then that I heard about all of the firefighters. dad is an Assistant Fire Chief in Kelowna, he's been with the department for 29 years so I spent my whole life with the KFD. Firefighters are very dear to me and when I heard about how hundreds of them defied orders to get out in order to save "just one more person" and how many of them perished in the stung me good. I had a real wakeup call about how dangerous...and heroic...of a job they do. It's almost selfish how much more the loss of the firefighters and police affected me compared to the tumbling of the towers and amazing loss of life from that alone.

I remember phoning home and talking about with my dad, and just being so relieved that he was behind a desk now and no longer going in himself.

I'm thankful for the efforts of everyone who did what they could to help...emergency workers or not...and the loss of life was tragic and something that I don't think I'll ever forget.

I remember.
    Bike's sold - still have some gear left!

A few weeks before that tragic day, I had a terrible nightmare.

I had this nightmare that a jumbo jet came crashing down in a city's downtown somewhere. I climbed the stairs of a nearby skyscraper and saw in horror the ensuing flames and chaos and terror.

I woke up sweating and the next morning I told my dad what I saw.

And then a few weeks afterwards, 9 11 happened.
    There was nothing I could've done to prevent this tragedy from happening, nobody would've believed me, nor did I believe my own dream at the time.

As with everyone else, my heart felt and still feels sadness and grief for those who lost their lives that day.

ok i'll admit, i'm totally bad, didn't even realize it was september 11th... ok, i knew it was the 11th, but didn't realize the importance of this day was too caught up on my computer work
    BCSB- Moderator