Long Ride - Sunday September 21st
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Ride - Sunday September 21st

Litre-Eater

Long Ride - Sunday September 21st

Okay here's the deal, I want to do the loop but not go through Squamish or Whistler or Duffy Lake. So this is what we're gonna do...Meet @ the Flying Swan for breakfast @ 8am, breakfast special for $2.75 quick and good. Gas up before you get there, there's an Esso right on the corner of Burrard and 4th, or a Chevron just a ways past the Esso down Burrard. We'll head out to the Stave Lake area, go through the twistys there. Then we'll head toward Harrison by going through Mission and on to the No. 7 road. We can gas up @ the Esso in Harrison, or depending can wait till we get to Hope. From Hope we'll go to Princeton, take the 5A to Merrit, then No. 8 to Spences Bridge. From Spences Bridge we'll come back down the #1 through the canyon, and depending on time come back the way we came. We'll hit some good twistys, but on the way back it might be dark. This will be a LONG RIDE We'll ride the pace, but this won't be a slow ride

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Litre-Eater
    Dress for the weather. Morning and on the way home it's going to be cold Maybe bring some rain gear just in case. We'll stop for breaks but will keep the day moving along steadily...with a break in the middle for lunch.

Litre-Eater
    When I say not a "slow ride" I mean we won't be doing the EXACT speed limit...but we won't be doing a ballistic pace either Just to clear things a bit

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    Hopfully (and I'm pretty sure you'll agree) the expectation is that everyone will ride at their own pace.

If the fast people don't want to be waiting for the slow people to catch up, you should post saying so, or say that two groups will be formed: slow and fast. That should make things clear about the kind of ride and riders you want.

Litre-Eater
    One group we can simply wait for the slower people @ each designated stop. ie - we know that the next gas station will be such n such so we'll wait there for them. Noone gets left behind

Bike
    -=none=-
    Im gonna attend this ride to see if i can make flames come out of my tyres . many will try to keep up but fail.

Litre-Eater
    Hahaha!! Nice Where were you last night?? So you have Sunday off do ya, wicked. Brian's coming on his 92 GSXR1100...should be a good day!

yahn
    sounds great~! where do i sign?

Litre-Eater

John

Flying Swan Info/Location If you have any questions on how to get there PM me

Bike
    -=none=-
    i cant go
    -gurp

flying busa
    I'm coming. Anyone want to ride at quick pace but no crazy can hang with me. weather permitted....bring thermos and electric vest gang..it's going to be cold.

Litre-Eater
    Right on Julia! Hey Gurp you gotta work??
    Last edited by Litre-Eater; 09-17-2003 at 04:52 PM.

Bike
    -=none=-
    yes hafta work.. sorry but i will not be gracing u with my presence. have fun gang.
    Last edited by G-slide; 09-17-2003 at 07:02 PM.
    -gurp

One more time eh? Array spacely's Avatar
    Bike
    DR350
    I should be able to make it , just half to make sure I can get a nice little Ducati out of the shop!
    WMRC # 31

Litre-Eater

Talking Weather