WARNING: Something you should all know about A&B Sound...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Something you should all know about A&B Sound...

NOS

WARNING: Something you should all know about A&B Sound...

A good friend of mine works at A&B and told me this..... they now have changed there customer relations attitude. If you have not spent an X amount of dollars in there store and complain about a product you have bought, or give them a hard time they will refuse to help. He told me his Manager told him to tell a customer there is nothing they can do if there causing any kind of problem for them. There willing to let customers go that don't spend big money at there stores. They apparently have lost large money catering to customer needs such as loaner cell phones, electronic purchases, returning PC's, etc. The Abbotsford A&B does not lend out loaner cell phones under any circumstances anymore due to this new attitude. I'm glad he told me this information as for I never plan to purchase anything again from A&B Sound. I'm sure lot's of you have had bad and good stories from A&B but I only wanted to warn you of there new money saving strategies. I hope you have a fat wallet when purchasing from them because it's going to be the only way you'll get any service.

Example: I have spent roughly 5000 dollars over the last 6 years at A&B. I have had a cell phone in for repairs 6 times since I purchased it 2 years ago. I bought the extended service to cover me the entire time of my contract (3 years ). They have replaced enough parts to build the phone 4 times over. The down time of my cell has cost me hundreds of dollars because of this. They won't replace the phone or even give me a break/deal on purchasing a new cell from them. The only conclusion they will give me is this " If the cell phone is that important to you, buy a back up phone ". That to me is true but besides the point. I shouldn't have to buy a new phone while mine is in for repair.

Take this as you may but I only wanted to warn fellow riders and friends about the changes.......

A&B SOUND can lick the cheese off the end of my helmet

Bike
    '07 BMW K1200R
    Thanks for the warning. I'm sure each customer will have to make their own desicion as to where they buy electronics etc, but your post gives us a heads up. Thanks.

By the way, why do you keep cheese on the end of your helmet?
    What was it all about?

Bike
    SOLD
    I've never heard of anybody giving a loaner cell phone. A&B Sound isn't the ones who make the damn things. Maybe your beef should be with Nokia or Motorola? If they made a quality product you wouldn't need it repaired all the time.

I'd rather see a store cut costs by skimping on freebies for customers then lay people off who are trying to feed 3 kids. We are such a spoiled society.
    I'm bikeless. Can I still come out and play?

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    If your extended warranty says that you get a loaner phone while yours is being repaired, then you should get one. If it's not written down in the warranty document, you are not entitled to it. Sorry.

If you feel you are not getting satisfactory service, ask to talk to the guy's boss. Then go on to the boss's boss and so on. Remind them that they are obligated by law to provide a certain level of service. (Right?)

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Originally posted by Hu99

By the way, why do you keep cheese on the end of your helmet?
    lol

Green Bay fan?
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    :'(
    I've easily spent over $10000 at the Abbotsford A&B in the last year. A friend of mine spent about the same in the past year. And the bulk was on our stereos!

We have a mutual close friend from HS that works there, so he always hooked us up. The install guy that does my custom work is the best, quotes a job, if he doesn't get it done in time, he takes the hit.

That being said, I do know that there are many changes that have taken place there. You do have to be careful, but the best policy is, shop around.

I bought my big screen HDTV from Future Shop (they suck in ways too), and worked around stuff to get a $2800 + taxes TV for $2400 taxes in.

Just shop around.

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Bike
    g|xx3r
    Loaner cell phone?
    It's a store, I expect to buy shit from them. I'm not expecting any special service. I give them the money they give me merchandise. I dont get what the big deal is..

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    and if they don't honour any warranty or anything like that, than report the store to the better business bureau.

Bike
    1987 TZR 250
    I have never heard of a loaner phone before.

NOS
    I need to re-phrase this a bit... I'm not complaining about the loaner phone situation. They have always had loaner phones before but have stopped. Not a big deal, most small cell phone dealers offer loaners. I was just letting you know about there new strategy on customer service mostly.

I'll have to check to see if it's in my contract but I doubt it

Rock bottom here I come Array Dalma's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda VFR800
    What the hell do you keep doing to your cell phone? I have never had to have a cell phone repaired and have carried one for more than 5 years.

NOS
    Originally posted by KittenWalk
    I've never heard of anybody giving a loaner cell phone. A&B Sound isn't the ones who make the damn things. Maybe your beef should be with Nokia or Motorola? If they made a quality product you wouldn't need it repaired all the time.

I didn't buy the phone from Motorola.... I bought it from A&B. They should back what they sell in my opinion.

NOS
    Originally posted by Dalma
    What the hell do you keep doing to your cell phone? I have never had to have a cell phone repaired and have carried one for more than 5 years.

I guess I got a lemon

wimmeh
    I find cell phones are really a hit or miss thing. Sometimes you get a great one (unless you're really stupid like me and take it apart to see what makes it tick =] ) and sometimes you get a lemon. It's pretty disapointing considering how big the cell phone industry is today. QA must be nonexistent lol.

Tyrone_25
    If you don't like the big box stores and you live in Victoria, Hit up Atlas Audio Video Ltd downtown on Fort St. He's a local guy with all the big brands the box stores have at the same prices. He's even got an in house service deptarment to repair warranty claims.

PS - Yeah I may have worked there at one point in my life!!!