Got myself a Bike!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got myself a Bike!!

Its always a race Array Sandman's Avatar
    2002 CBR 600

Got myself a Bike!!

Hi all, I got myself a bike finally its 2002 F4I. I haven't really gotten off it for the last 2 days. I hope we get some more days of sunshine so I can keep riding. Also can anyone out there tell me where the best place is to get an oil change done on the bike as it is due very soon!

2. Remove Advertisements

The Mighty One
    Best place for an oil change? Your own garage. If you have money to burn pretty much any MC can at least handle that. Congrats on the bike!

yeah man do the oil change yourself it doesnt take a rocket scientest (trust me i do my own ) just go buy a race stand o yeah i almost forgot congrats on the bike

in the country
    2000 KAW.ZRX1100
    yes im with you all it yourself................and break her in hard.

congrats on the bike. ride safe.
    BCSB- Moderator

Faster, Faster! Array Sparklebunny's Avatar

Do it, do it, do it!

Congrats on the bike.

I'm following the pack on the oil change, do it yourself. Canadian Tire even sell those neat little oil filter gripper ($5) that fit any 3/8 wratchet (spelling?). They're really handy if it's in a bad spot.

Take 15 minutes of your time and get acuainted with your new bike!

Registered User Array darkroast's Avatar
    Its 0x00FF00!

Re: Got myself a Bike!!

Ditto to DIY.

Most likely involve removing some fairings to access the oil filter and easier access to the drain plug.

I would not bother with a race stand. I friend of mine advised me to get two 6x4 wooden blocks. For my F3 I needed them to be 11 inches high. With a little help from the missus and presto the rear section of the bike is on the blocks (they stay under the swingarms). Able to do chain lube/oil change/...

Enjoy and be safe.

South Surrey
    1975 Snortin' Norton Commando, 19somethin` Old . . . .
    if you have problems getting the screw lid back on a jar of peanut butter (like my missus), then don't do it. you could well f%ck up the drain bolt threads. but as a man, you should have been born with the inate ability to handle the 'archimedes thread' (right?), so get a manual, read it and get to it

Congrats, hopefully i'll be getting my own soon.

Get a copy of the service manual online, so you have detailed instructure to follow.
    Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    BatCave in Van
    Congrats on bike.... good choice !!!!
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

sold - borrowing my wife's CBR
    I hate to admit it, but even though I've been riding for a lot of years, I never did my own oil change. I always got it done while I was getting something else done, like getting a new tire, chain, or whatever. Recently though, I decided to ask a friend to help me out, (since I live in a condo, and working on my bike is against Strata rules) and discovered it's easier than I thought.

Another thing, Bernie (Action mechanic?) gives courses on basic bike maintenance, and it is a great way to become more familiar with tires, brakes, carbs, chain & cable lubrication etc. I will probably do it again soon, since I could use a little refresher.

Congrats on the bike too. I rode the same one to California and back last year, and loved it (except for that hard seat )
    Last edited by Prez; 10-02-2003 at 11:35 PM.
    Every day I break my previous record of consecutive days still alive.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Congrats on the new ride.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Congrats on the new bike, and a great choice might I add <----SLight bit of BIAS there!!!

Congrats on your new bike!
    Ride safe and have fun!

Don't forget the good hardcore gear!!