Tzr 250

Thread: Tzr 250

seattle wa
    2005 Z750

Tzr 250

I currently ride a Ninja 250, but have decided on purchasing a TZR 250 to ride next spring. I love 2 strokes, and the weight/horsepower ratio is just what I'm looking for. But I want to know from all TZR owners out there, the pros/cons of that bike. Because they are high performance, do they tend to be tempermental, are they reliable, what parts wear out or breakdown generally, and etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

flying busa
    Hi cmikmoto,
    I had a TZR 250 for's needs alot of tender loving care..but there's nothing like it. I wish I hadn't sold it. I'll try to post a picture. I don't have any advice..except...get one that in top condition..get a manual..and hopefully you have a good relationship with your mechanic.

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys
    Have you considered any other 2-strokes? I don't know about the availability of TZR250 parts, but do know that RZ350 parts are relatively easy to find. I had an NSR400 2-stroke, and parts were hard to find, so when the engine seized, I sold the bike rather than try to scrounge up the parts necessary to rebuild it (I sold it to a 2-stroke collector).

There seems to be a few RZ350's regularly in the Buy&Sell, and sometimes they are quite inexpensive. If you are interested in them, they would be a good one to check out.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)