$400 beginner bike
yup, that's right! only $400! it's a 1981 honda cb450. i just bought a project bike and i need $$$ for parts on that bike so this one needs to go.
* great bike for someone who's wanting to learn how to ride
* cheap insurance...mine is $50/month insured over 1 year.
* cheap gas...for $4-5/tank, that will get you about 120 kms.
* i bought a brand new chain a couple weeks ago that i haven't installed yet...i'll throw that in with the bike as well
at $400, as you can guess, a little work is required to make this bike 100%. so what needs to be done?
* front brake cylinder needs to be replaced, as it is leaking. you can get this part for about $30-40 new.
* rear drum shoes need to be replaced. i got a quote from imperial motorcycles a couple days ago of $40.
i have some sort of electrical problem on the bike. i haven't looked too hard into it cuz it's not that bad...could be as simple as a frayed wire. to summarize:
* for the push button starter to work, you need to depress both front and rear brakes
* the headlight only comes on if both front and rear brakes are depressed
that's about all...check out my gallery if you want pics. if you want to see it, call me at 604-614-7553. i'm in downtown and generally available from 5pm onwards. you can test ride it but only in my parking lot.
Last edited by CB450; 10-09-2003 at 09:26 AM.
ok, you guys twisted my arm..i'm slashing the price...reducing to $350!!!! crazy price!!! $350 and you get a running bike to learn on during the winter...no fear of getting this bike wet, as it thrives in the rain. it loves it in the rain! fear of dropping it while learning? who cares?!? you can crash this bike and just pick it up, and ride it again...no fairings to scratch!
you thinking of eventually riding a sport bike? well, that will be a lot easier after riding this bike...for one, a lot less power so you can really get the feel of the bike without fear of sliding it out mid-corner...and two, ergonomics is quite similar to a sport bike, so seating position won't be that much different.
cmon! $350 for a bike that you can ride home! minor work, but YOU CAN RIDE IT HOME!!! CHEAP INSURANCE!!! CHEAP GAS!!! you can't ask for any more than that!