Answer to the waving question. Just for Wee Wille G
Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back
1. They're afraid it will invalidate their factory warranty.
2. Leather and studs make it too hard to raise their arm.
3. They refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
4. They won't let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
5. The rushing wind could blow the scabs off their new tattoos.
6. They're angry over the second mortgage needed to pay for the new Harley.
7.. They just discovered the fine print in their owner's manual revealing that The Motor Company is partially owned by rice-burner manufacturers.
8.. They can't tell if other riders are actually waving or just reaching up to cover their ears, like everyone else.
9. If they wave back, they risk being impaled on their spiked helmet.
10. They're upset that after spending $30,000, they still don't own a bike that's as comfortable as a Goldwing.
To be totally fair, let it be noted that sometimes Goldwing riders don't wave back, either. Again, to facilitate a better understanding....
Top Ten Reasons Why Goldwing Riders Don't Wave Back
1. They aren't sure whether the other rider is waving or making an obscene gesture.
2. They risk getting frostbite if they take their hand off the heated grip.
3. They have arthritis and it is difficult to raise their arm.
4. The reflection from the etched windshield was momentarily blinding.
5. The on-board espresso machine had just finished.
6. They were asleep when other rider waved.
7. They were involved in a three-way conference call with their stock broker and accessories dealer.
8. They were distracted by an oddly shaped blip on their radar screen.
9. They were simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
10. They couldn't find the "auto wave-back" button on their dashboard
*LOL* A whole new light towards the Harley and Goldwing riders who don't wave back...
it all makes sense now!
well im glad to hear they have an excuse rather than being jack asses
I'm sure i saw our friend willie_g on his hog today. he didn't seem to friendly though as his wave seemed to involve just one finger