Switching suspension

Thread: Switching suspension

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750

Switching suspension

Will gixxer 1000 front forks/triple tree/ etc fit inmy 2000 750??

Id like to swap forks and put in gold forks from a 1000 into my bike. Is it possible or are they different dimensions etc...

Oh ya.and if it IS possible..how would I get those forks?? I guess from an ICBC write off (with fork in tact) or somethin?? how much would it cost me??
    25,000 feet is my own little piece of heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    The Mighty One
    I've heard it done before, just bolts right on. I've seen them go on ebay in the $500 range quite often. In fact I saw a few on there today. I see them all the time. You could sell your 750 forks to offset the cost as the 750 forks on the 600 seems to be a popular upgrade too. They look really cool with the gold forks. I fancy the calipers as well.

Bike
    i've read on many heated threads at gixxer.com and sportbikes.net that the 750 USD fork is a better fork than the ti. nitrided coated USD fork on the 1000.

Unless of course, you're doing the swap for looks, then who cares heh.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Originally posted by CG
    i've read on many heated threads at gixxer.com and sportbikes.net that the 750 USD fork is a better fork than the ti. nitrided coated USD fork on the 1000.

Unless of course, you're doing the swap for looks, then who cares heh.
    really?? hmm...i could jus spray paint my forks black

or gold...i fancy those colors on forks
    Last edited by SRAD; 10-15-2003 at 12:18 AM.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    What about a gixxer 1000 engine conversion instead? That would be fucking wicked! Check the buy and sell section if you haven't already. Awfully tempting for me as well. An SRAD with a 1000 would make a helluva sleeper.

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Originally posted by gixxstar
    What about a gixxer 1000 engine conversion instead? That would be fucking wicked! Check the buy and sell section if you haven't already. Awfully tempting for me as well. An SRAD with a 1000 would make a helluva sleeper.
    im actually considering that Rob I need a special harness kit for my year (2000-03) so i dont have to cut into the frame. But ya man, one hell of a sleeper!!!!

Hey Rob how long did ur frame take to polish?? Did you do the swingarm too?? Im considering doin it over the winter...

Bike
    The Mighty One
    If you worked at it solid and did it the right way the first time, a week or two. It's a tough project but not bad if you don't have to trial and error the whole thing. Let me know if you need any help getting started. You can come over and I'll polish my subframe arms just for you.

carlitos
    ummm.... why not just get a gixx 1000

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Originally posted by carlitos
    ummm.... why not just get a gixx 1000
    Sneaky way to run around with the same insurance as a 600. Plus the look you'll get after smoking an R1 with the 750 sticker on the tail would be priceless.

Nice avatar Rayan.

carlitos
    Originally posted by gixxstar
    Sneaky way to run around with the same insurance as a 600. Plus the look you'll get after smoking an R1 with the 750 sticker on the tail would be priceless.

Nice avatar Rayan.
    Good point. But i dont think, depending on driving record, that there is that much of a difference. Besides insurance may decline payment in the event of "at fault" claim for the modification (as they may view as fraudelent). Considering that the adjuster's job is to pay as little as possible.... i certainly would check (if having full cover) the insurance policy...

As far as the 750 sticker... well.... it would be cheaper to BUY the sticker, would'nt it

(BTW. I have the perfect sleeper. gix 1100 that has a 750 swingarm, bodywork, etc. It looks quite small.. always i would get comments -- most at track -- of how it is possible an old 750 could be that fast.... I would just smile