Polished Wheels Okay for Track?

Thread: Polished Wheels Okay for Track?

Lower Mainland

Polished Wheels Okay for Track?

I haven't seen anybody on the track in Mission with polished wheels/frames but then again I've only been there once. I realize it's a hassle to keep them clean and racers could care less but are they allowed on the track?

WMRC Rulebook states all lenses (both reflective and headlight) must be fully taped if not removed. (#11, pg6) but I couldn't find anything on polished parts.

I could understand that polished parts may reflect in the sun and blind a rider momentarily but is it a unwritten or written rule that polished parts are something to stay away from on the track.

I look at Paul Tracy's helmet in CART and it makes me wonder.

2. Remove Advertisements

Kelowna BC
    1198 S 999R 990 superduke
    Go ahead and polish the piss outta it, it will be legal,BUT, you might find that people will give you NO room on the track if your ride s too "Joe Hollywood" (pimped out)
    Getting married is like stickin your hand in a running lawnmower.....if you are smart..you'll only do it ONCE !
    (by S Whiting)

I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

here is a old pic of a kawasaki superbike with a polsihed frame ,,who knows if it''s track appropriate ,but you gotta figure if you can't ride like rossi your gonna get slamed for it i think .

04 Ducati Multistrada
    Yes it's OK to have a polished frame and or wheels. A clean shiny race bike will go through tech quicker than a dirty beat up P.O.S. everytime.

You might want to keep the wheels away from the track side vendor's though, they don't have the time to take care not to scratch your rims.

The Mighty One
    The let me on no problem at Mission. Rick's right, even with normal tire changes be careful who you give them to to have the tires changed. I got mine back with a really bad gouge in them once and this was the day I finished polishing them. Best bet is getting a spare set of rims for racing.

Jason R
    Your gona wish your bike was all black! dirt and grime sucks but maybe with polished rims it will come off easyer.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    There's probablly a good reason that Kawi is polished or at least not painted. It's easier to detect stress cracks if they aren't hidden under a coating of anything. To me that frame doesn't look that polished. I think it's more the fact there's just no paint or other coatings on it.

Yeah, to do a school or whatever would be fine but the mechanics are hard on stuff and if you drop it the gravel will scratch the snot out of them. A spare set would be nice but pricey. So if these are all you got or want to get then just use 'em.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.