Best place for tires (car)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best place for tires (car)

Bike
    KONA

Best place for tires (car)

Finally, my OEM tires are wearing thin. Looking to upgrade to better tires. Where is the best place to get them, here in lower mainland or across the border?

Suggestions please.

In case you are wondering, I am looking to get 4 Bridgestone Potenza RE950 205/55/HR16 tires. I called around, they range from $180 To $210 each. Ouch.

Thanks.
    Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

Bike
    2000 Honda RC51, 2010 Husaberg 450FE 2015 Kayo MiniGP
    tom the tire guy. KGH and 108th i believe.
    Náisiúnaithe na hÉireann.

apex
    this place on hastings and clark (i think)...sells used tires as well..

Bike
    1966 CCM
    Holy fak! go to costco or Canadian Tire and get some Michelins...$100-130 for p225 60r 16s
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!

Registered User Array NapoleanInRags's Avatar
    Bike
    2016 Aprilia Shiver 750

Tirerack.com

tirerack.com has them for USD116 each.

I bought four Yokohama tires from them three years ago and I was happy with their service and product. Don't know about now.

HTH

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Originally posted by oldsquid
    tom the tire guy. KGH and 108th i believe.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

FredS
    DTMAutoHaus is good.

Bike
    KONA

Re: Tirerack.com

Originally posted by NapoleanInRags
    [B][URL=http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?

I bought four Yokohama tires from them three years ago and I was happy with their service and product. Don't know about now.

HTH [/B]
    How did you get them across the border? tax and duty?
    Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded.

heh...heh...Ooooh Riiight Array Ryder88's Avatar
    Bike
    sold...hopefully a gixxer next year
    dont know where to go but i'll tell you where not to go. DO NOT GO TO Volco Tires
    What's cooler than being cool?!

ICE COLD!

Registered User Array NapoleanInRags's Avatar
    Bike
    2016 Aprilia Shiver 750

Re: Re: Tirerack.com

Originally posted by F4Rush
    How did you get them across the border? tax and duty?
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I was in the US when I bought them; so no issues with customs.

I believe you have the option of shipping the tires to one of their participating tire mounting places (instead of to yourself), when you are ordering them. You can search for the nearest one on the site. If you can have them mailed (I chose UPS Ground, I think) to some place in Washington state, you could potentially drive over and have them installed there (for 10-15 dollars a tire, I am guessing).

Bike
    KONA
    Thanks guys. I think I will try tirerack.com

Bike
    2K9 ZX-6R
    Kal Tire. Awesome service and good warranty with lots of locations.
    Your Anguish Sustains Me

Vertigo
    you shouldnt have to pay more that 120 per tire. just get something with a high tread rating, like the yoko avid h4

orangemirage
    n

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Bike
    Knobbies
    Originally posted by Vertigo
    you shouldnt have to pay more that 120 per tire. just get something with a high tread rating, like the yoko avid h4
    I run Yokohama Avid H4's (215/45/17's) on my import and they are a pretty decent all-season better-than-standard-OEM tire.

I paid about $150 apiece before taxes, etc. at National Tire Warehouse on River Road in Delta, B.C. There's a guy there named Mike who's pretty good to deal with. They've got some basic performance suspension bits there too if you're looking for that. Their service is pretty good, especially the after-service.

I don't work for them.