Calgary race dates

Thread: Calgary race dates

Bike
    04 Ducati Multistrada

Calgary race dates

Calgary race dates are set (although not in stone as Race City reserves the right to change their mind at any time)

Race School - May 1, 2004 //
    Regional Race 1- May 15 & 16, 2004 //
    Combination Race/Street School - May 24, 2004 //
    Regional Race 2 & 4 Hr Endurance - June 5 & 6, 2004 //
    Regional Race 3 & Nationals - July 2, 3 & 4, 2004 //
    Regional Race 4 - July 17 & 18, 2004 //
    Regional Race 5 - Aug 21 & 22, 2004 //

Note that the national has moved to July hopefully less chance of rain. And a bonus it falls right after the Canada Day Holiday July 1st. So every one lets book Friday the 2nd off and get our asses over to Alberta.

Now there is no excuse not to ride to Cowgary and cheer on some of our local BC talent . Steve C, Steve D, Jeremy, Oliver, Scotty?, Troy??, Chops??? and watch them kick some Eastern Buts

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

SuZuKiTl1000R
    shit i needa go to race school

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    Hey Brad,
    I know exactly how you feel. I think the race school in Calgary is about $240, give or take a few bucks. Anyone thinking about hauling their bike up to Calgary next year? Maybe we could split the cost of transportation to the track. I haven't been on that track since '99 but it was a blast.
    Soylent green is PEOPLE! PEEEEOOOOPPPLLLEEE!!!!!

Bike
    Notta
    I heard that if you live in the Greater Vancouver Area and want to race at Mission, you have to get your liscence through Westcoast. That's Westwoods policy.

Can someone verify this?
    "It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chew your ass out all day long" - THE NOTORIOUS CHERRY BOMBS

Chancellor of Horsepower Array
    Bike
    Originally posted by Shorty
    I heard that if you live in the Greater Vancouver Area and want to race at Mission, you have to get your liscence through Westcoast. That's Westwoods policy.

Can someone verify this?
    Actually, if you reside in British Columbia, you must have a WMRC license to participate in WMRC events. See Rule 1.1 of the WMRC rulebook:

"1.1 All B.C. residents who enter in club events must hold a current, valid WMRC racing license. Out of Province entrants who hold a FIM, RACE, CMRA, OMRRA or WMRRA Racing License will also be accepted if the entrant completes a WMRC Associate membership."

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by Rainman
    Hey Sun Dog, I think we should let Brad know that the Westcoast Superbike school is having several schools in 04, although the school is 400 bucks, we should all try to promote racing in B.C. Besides, the race license in Calgary is 270 bucks a year.
    Yeah, but he lives in Alberta...probably easier for him to go to Calgary.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    Hey guys,

I totally support BC racing, in fact, I will be getting my license through the WMRC, from what I know, a great bunch of guys. I'm just saying that if you have never ridden at Race City you are missing out on a great experience. A good mix of a long 1 km straight, some fast flowing corners and some nice technical stuff (the bus stop and the chicane). You have to be careful in the south end complex though, (concrete walls) but other than that a great facility! The people are great there too!! In my view, next to Shannonville the next best track in Canada.
    Just one more thing. Does anybody know what is up with active mountain raceway? What is the current status?

SuZuKiTl1000R
    hey ahh sundog do i hafta have my own bike for race school or do they have ones you learn on ?

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    Hi Brad,
    When I did the FAST riding school there( they last went there in '99, I used their bikes. They don't come out anymore because shipping the bikes from Ontario to Calgary is pretty costly even though they had full classes. But to get back to the point, if you do the CMRA course, you will have to use your own bike. There is minimal prep for your street bike but you can also use a race bike if you have one. Go to the CMRA website www.roadracing.org and check out the race school info. I'm not sure if the 2004 dates are up yet but it's a good site. I hope this helps.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by sun dog
    Hi Brad,
    When I did the FAST riding school there( they last went there in '99, I used their bikes. They don't come out anymore because shipping the bikes from Ontario to Calgary is pretty costly even though they had full classes...
    Actually, I think FAST does still teach schools there...I had planned on going to do their school at Racecity in 2002 (until some unforeseen events made it impossible). But you're right...they don't bring the rental bikes anymore...they only have those in Ontario and Quebec, I guess the shipping costs were just too high.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    Hey Harps,
    I remember Michel Mercier telling me something about doing schools in Calgary but you had to use your own bike. All the times I did the school (7 of them) we did about 16 to 20 laps on the day give or take a few. It was good in some ways, because they put you out for no more that 4-5 laps at a time. You came back in cooled down and got briefed for the next session. I think with the CMRA school you may get more track time. If you ever get a chance you have to do a school at Shannonville. This track is awesome!! there are about 4 different configurations ( they use 2). The airfares to Ontario are cheaper now ( thanks SARS!) and there are great instrutors there. Not to say that the ones anywhere else aren't. But you will have a good experience.

Chops

Re: Calgary race dates

Originally posted by rdduke

Now there is no excuse not to ride to Cowgary and cheer on some of our local BC talent . Steve C, Steve D, Jeremy, Oliver, Scotty?, Troy??, Chops??? and watch them kick some Eastern Buts

How come I get three question marks??? Yeah, I'll be there. Should be fun to race against the top national amateurs. I should probably try out a regional race before the nationals though, so I know which way to turn at the end of the straight

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    Well if my Canadian citizenship doen't come through by January I will be sliding around the track in Cowtown with all of you guys, rather than slaving away in Africa on my second home.

Bike
    2000 Honda RC51, 2010 Husaberg 450FE 2015 Kayo MiniGP
    john parker in the house? what's up with that? i thought you'd be at sea! are you staying to race with us peasants even if your paperwork comes through?

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    Yea, if the paperwork takes to long i loose my position on the boat, so I could be back next season.