Transmission problem

Thread: Transmission problem

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f

Transmission problem

Is any 1 having problems with 2nd gear poping out on 00 or 01 R6s, mine gave up the ghost this weekend at Portland. The bike was an ICBC writeoff, but I never made 1 miss shift, and after talking to a few people at the track mine was not the first one with that problem, and when I called up for parts I found out I am the 3rd person on a waiting list for the same problem. What makes matters worse its back order Japan. Let me know if any1 out there has had the same problem. Mabe the WANKER who originally crashed it is to blame, but I would like some more input, Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Sticky Buns
    When it pops out does it go into neutral or jump into1st?
    The shifting fork(Pickle fork) that a slides from 1st to 2nd is notoriously weak on the R6 and if you have problems other than the usual clunk into 2nd it usually indicates a motor that was ridden hard and clutchless shifted alot.

Bike
    Zx6 07, Crf 450r, Yz250f
    No the problem only happens when I realy get on the gas(between 10 13 thou) and it feel like the chain is skipping. It never completely come out it just goes in then comes out very quickly. 2nd meshes in to 6th and the dogs on 2nd are probably rounded and the shifting fork will be burnt for sure. Its no hassle to fix but it just takes time, I will have the new gear unger cut to avoid the same problem again. I wanted to know if more people have the same trouble.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Seems like this is a chronic problem for R6's. You're not the first by a long shot. I don't think you can blame it on the crash but rather just a design flaw. When you get your parts in just go easy on that 1st to 2nd shift even on the track.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bent

Woah! my babies' got that prob too!!

sTILL haven't got around to fixin it (something to do with no cash).

but my F4's doing that too.. but its gotten so bad I skip over 2nd gear completely.

at first i thought it was the clutch. but its' 2nd, it jump into neutral and occasionally into first (scared the sh%t out of me the first time it did that).

how hard is it to fix this yourself if you've got some tools and are not totally inept mechanically??

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    Jumpy....there is another WMRC racer& volunteer, I forget his name, I am very bad with names, well he has the original 1998 R1 ~ it's the 7th one made ~ and he races that, told me he has changed his transmission 3 times so far....it's the red and white one on the track....
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur