bostrom update

Thread: bostrom update

bostrom update

(as a side note he crashed at Daytona but he's back at it )

Ducati Austin's Eric Bostrom and Team Valvoline EMGO Suzuki's Steve Rapp and Vince Haskovec completed a second day of Michelin tyre testing on Friday at Daytona International Speedway in preparation for the 63rd Daytona 200 By Arai on Saturday, March 6.

The Michelin tyre test is the first time that Bostrom has ridden his new ride - the factory Ducati 999 motorcycle. Bostrom had been competing for factory Kawasaki since 2000, but the motorcycle manufacturer pulled out of AMA Chevy Trucks U.S. Superbike competition for 2004 allowing the 27-year-old San Francisco rider to join Ducati.

After two days of testing, Bostrom says the comfortable level on the Ducati 999 continues to grow.

"The biggest difference (today) is that I'm getting more familiar with the bike," Bostrom said. "The tyres are also coming in better. We have some tyres that we're starting to get pretty happy with. That's huge for us. This track, you have to have everything good. Probably the most important is tyres. You have to be able to go 200 miles."

If Bostrom, whose best finish in the Daytona 200 By Arai is a second in 2001, is able to deliver Ducati its first victory in the prestigious motorcycle race, it'll come on a Saturday. In place of its traditional Sunday start, the Daytona 200 By Arai moves to Saturday, March 6.

Other changes to the Daytona 200 Week schedule include moving the Daytona Supercross By Honda from Saturday afternoon to under the lights on Friday night, March 5.

"It's for the best," said Bostrom about the Daytona 200 By Arai schedule change. "In the past, a lot of people are leaving and driving home on Sunday. Hopefully, the attendance will be up. I think it's a good move."

Michelin tyre testing continues on Saturday and is free and open to the public with access to the Oldfield Grandstand through the lobby of DAYTONA USA.

The three-day Dunlop tyre test in preparation for the Daytona 200 By Arai is scheduled to kick off on Monday, Dec. 8 and is also free and open to the public.

2. Remove Advertisements

BMW meet Buster Array katana1150's Avatar
    east and south of portmann
    98 tiller
    What I would give to be able to ride like the Bostrom's (sigh)
    A religious war is simply a battle to see who has the best imaginary friend
    Laws without consequences are simply suggestions
    I drive a Dodge Ram3500 Dually, Go ahead and cut me off with your pretty little Audi or BMW! if we connect...........I WIN!