OK,I was in the process of replacing a light fixture in a spare bedroom.I turned the power off to the other room`s light fixture and am about to connect the black wire from the box to the black wire for the fixture when I feel a little buzzing(kinda like when you put a 9 volt battery to your tongue).At first I`m not sure what I felt,so I touched the black wire again and there was the buzzing sensation again.OK,so I went to the breaker box and turned off another breaker and went to my toolbox and got one of those tester thingy`s with the little bulb and the alligator clips,so I put the black one on the ground wire and touch the red one to the black house wire,I then see a bright spark and a pop(the little bulb almost shattered and it almost gives me a heart attack ).I later find out that it is rated for 5-50 volts ac/dc(oops).So off I go to the breaker box and flip another breaker and get another tester(this one has bulbs for 110,220,277 and 460 volts) and put the black wire to the house white wire and the red wire to the house black wire,hey no juice Whew!!!.And now I have come to the conclusion that the fixture I was working on is controlled by another switch in another room!!!!,aarrgghhh.By this point I still have a little motivation left,so I replace the light switch with one of those fancy paddle style switches.
So if my riding is erratic on sunday,you`ll know why.
P.S. Does anyone want any house wiring done ..............ken.