Wanted: Info on SV1000
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Info on SV1000

Bike
    Rosalita Azul

Wanted: Info on SV1000

I'm considering making the swap to a big twin and the SV1000 is the only bike in my price range that may fit the bill.

I'd love to hear from owners, test riders, etc about any info on this bike.

Thanks, Lionel

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    1975 Snortin' Norton Commando, 19somethin` Old . . . .
    well, i've never ridden the sv1000, but i have ridden it's 650cc little brother. the sv650 was fast, comfortable and handled well. i've also ridden the tl1000s which has an older version of the sv1000 motor - that bikes power characteristics were very addictive. it was so good i didn't want to give it back to it's owner.

you might also want to consider a used ducati . . . . . .

Bike
    1997 VFR

sv1000

I've got a Canadian Biker mag that features the SV1000 on the cover (I think). Sounds like a great twin.

Bike
    1975 Snortin' Norton Commando, 19somethin` Old . . . .
    just got back from the grocery store - the latest issue of Motor Cyle (or somethingn like it), has a test report of the SV1000

Bike
    Rosalita Azul
    Originally posted by iceneweb
    just got back from the grocery store - the latest issue of Motor Cyle (or somethingn like it), has a test report of the SV1000
    Motorcyclist?

I subscribe to it and read the review last week - it was a positive yet mediocre test.

A used Duc is not for me thanks, I'm way to dependant upon Japanese reliability.

I'm just looking to move up to a bike thats presumably a little more comfy, still has carving ability, and just looking at that exposed oil filter makes me smile from ear to ear!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    ninja250
    check out this site, lots of info on the SV1000

http://www.sv1000.zyns.com

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Originally posted by Young Lion
    Motorcyclist?

I subscribe to it and read the review last week - it was a positive yet mediocre test.

A used Duc is not for me thanks, I'm way to dependant upon Japanese reliability.

I'm just looking to move up to a bike thats presumably a little more comfy, still has carving ability, and just looking at that exposed oil filter makes me smile from ear to ear!
    the SV1000's ergos are the same as the GSXR-1000's! but i think it will still be much more comfy than your 636.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Bike
    Rosalita Azul
    Originally posted by Kamui
    the SV1000's ergos are the same as the GSXR-1000's! but i think it will still be much more comfy than your 636.
    Yeah, I swapped bikes with a guy on a Gixxer750 this past summer and couldn't believe the difference in comfort - especially due to the Suzuki's reputation for being an awesome track tool.

No SV owners on this board?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '03 sv650s copper
    i got a 2003 sv650s just a few months ago...the one with the half fairing on it....i just started riding this season...and is my first bike so i cant realli tell you the difference compared to other bikes since i have never ride on any other ones....

but from all the reviews i have read...is one of the only handful of bikes to get 5 stars in one of the british mags i have read (forgot the name), is a good handling bike (tatz important for me) and it sounds great with the twin...even with stock exhaust...is got easy to read ergonomics, comfortable seat and sitting position is not tat aggressive

lots of aftermarket parts too...planning to get a full body fairing kit in the next little while...oem fairing is actually only going for around $500 from wat i heard...so is a good deal...but see wat happens...

Bike
    Ktm 1190,ThruxtonR 1200'Drz4

Smile

Hey Lionel,I was just in the Nanaimo Chapters store and perusing the brit mags and one of them had a test on the SV1000,Naked one of course and they said it was a awsome handling machine but the seat was crapp!Maybe it was Fastbikes mag?Can't remember now????You know me oldzimers setting in.

Bike
    Rosalita Azul
    Originally posted by newbusa
    Hey Lionel,I was just in the Nanaimo Chapters store and perusing the brit mags and one of them had a test on the SV1000,Naked one of course and they said it was a awsome handling machine but the seat was crapp!Maybe it was Fastbikes mag?Can't remember now????You know me oldzimers setting in.
    I visited the site that Danica was nice enough to post up and they had a thread entitled "Who's had thier SV1000 to the track?" and everyone praised the chassis and motor.
    One American guy went to Jason Pridmore's school and he said that thats the bike the instructors chase the students around the track on - and that they love it!

I have no doubt it's a great handling bike, I'm just looking for some impressions from owners who have had a chance to spend some time on the bike and have gotten to know its quirks and whatnot.

See ya in a couple days Old Man!

Livin' la Vida Loca Array Devon's Avatar
    Bike
    You Betcha!
    Try a slightly used RC51, it's more in the vein of you 636, way more accessories and goodies, and a collectors item shoe-in fer sure. And it's a V-twin with a Honda pedigree (read: longevity and dead reliable.)
    International Union of Elevator Constructors
    Local 82 Vancouver/Local 19 Seattle

ThyssenKrupp Team Seattle

Vertical Transportation Systems

Bike
    Originally posted by Young Lion
    No SV owners on this board?
    I commute on a 02 650, not like the 1000 though, but I also own a TLR so I know what the big suzuki motor is like.

I can't comment on the suspension on the sv1000, but if the motor is like anything from the tl's, then it's a real stomper that'll keep you smiling from ear to ear everytime you ride.
    BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    none
    Reviews i've read say it's a decent bike but there are better alternatives.

There's a few head-to-heads it's been in.

loozer
    Try a VTR 1000 (Superhawk). They have a bigger tank this year (19 litres) and they're about $800 cheaper. Plus they have terrific Honda reliability. Side mounted radiators look cool too...