BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

winter storage / track bikes

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Jayson 
#1 ·
jsut a reminder, if you store your bike outside, (ie not heated) and you run straight water, or water wetter.... it freezes... dont make the mistake i did =/ hopefully it thaws soon and i can inspect if there is any real damage.

#3 ·
Jayson said:
jsut a reminder, if you store your bike outside, (ie not heated) and you run straight water, or water wetter.... it freezes... dont make the mistake i did =/ hopefully it thaws soon and i can inspect if there is any real damage.
DOOOOOOH !

G
#4 ·
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jay, hopefully it's not a pricey mistake. I'd like to ad also while were on the subject if your running straight water or even water wetter you should change it more then once during the summer.

#7 ·
well... are you sure what happened to me didnt happen to you ? doesnt take being below 0 for to long to do it :) bike has 3 lil heaters going on it now.... thawin it out to inspect the damage.. hope the head and block is fine... the rest is 'cheap'

#8 ·
Jayson said:
well... are you sure what happened to me didnt happen to you ? doesnt take being below 0 for to long to do it :) bike has 3 lil heaters going on it now.... thawin it out to inspect the damage.. hope the head and block is fine... the rest is 'cheap'
Yea, last time i checked it was all good. But all these constant cold days are beginning to concern me so time to take action.

#17 ·
i started my bike up and let it run for about 10 minutes... nothing seemed to leak, and the temps didnt rise suddenly... havent pressure tested it yet tho. there was no puddle under it this morning either.. other than the pressure, what else should i check, and how should i check it. dont want to get to the track and find that my bike is grenading under me. id feel fine about it right now if not for the coolant that was under it when checked 2 days ago *shrug*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.