Ride for Sight

Thread: Ride for Sight

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Richmond, BC

Post Ride for Sight

Just wanted to let you guys know about this.

"Ride for Sight is the largest motorcycle charity initiative in Canada and possibly the world. Thousands of riders and friends across Canada demonstrated their spirit last year and raised over $1,300,000 for The Foundation Fighting Blindness - Canada.

The support of Canadian Riders to find a cure for blindness is world renowned. Ride for Sight has been honored as the largest private funder of eye research in Canada.

One in four Canadians will be affected by blindness. Your efforts in Ride for Sight directly help The Foundation Fighting Blindness - Canada fulfill their mission of promoting and supporting research directed to finding the cause, developing treatments and ultimately a cure, for all retinal disease - including RP and related retinal degeneration, macular degeneration and Usher syndrome."

Their website is http://www.rideforsight.org; and their <a href="http://www.rideforsight.org/bc-location.shtml">bc ride is here</a>.

It's on July 6th, in Victoria. Check it out.

2. Remove Advertisements

2001 ZX6R
    Who is planning on going ?
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

2005 FZ6
    I am boycotting Ride for Sight. I spent a weekend helping them at the Rally in 2000 and they didn't really give a shit about motorcyclist except for how much they donated. they also stuck BCCOM with a bill for close to $20,000 since it was joint venture, where they said 5000 riders would show up and I think less than 500 actually made it.
    WMRC #749

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the 3 most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"

-Chris Rock