Buying first bike - what to expect?

Thread: Buying first bike - what to expect?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '03 Honda CBR600RR

Question Buying first bike - what to expect?

So I've finally decided it's time for a bike Looking through the Buy&Sell I came across a 2003 Honda CBR600RR.. here is the link: '03 Honda CBR600RR ... Since this place is in Chilliwack I am wondering what I should expect before going in there, I've never dealt with a bike dealership so I'm not exactly sure how things work. Since this bike is new do you think they will negotiate the price? They want $9500 for the bike and I was hoping to get a bike for around $9000-9500 AFTER taxes and all; so do you guys think they'll bite on that offer? I don't really want to drive out there and then find out it was a waste of time (BTW: I'll be paying cash in full if that matters). Any thought/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    that you are going to drop it and say 'gee that was dumb' chilliwack honda is kinda... well.. they arnt shady so much, as they might leave out details that are to theri advantage.... im sure this is just on used bikes though. but being in chilliwack, i wouldnt expect to hangle down to a super low price, i dont think there are that many chilli sales, i dont see much of our population on bikes..
    no

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '03 Honda CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    that you are going to drop it and say 'gee that was dumb' chilliwack honda is kinda... well.. they arnt shady so much, as they might leave out details that are to theri advantage.... im sure this is just on used bikes though. but being in chilliwack, i wouldnt expect to hangle down to a super low price, i dont think there are that many chilli sales, i dont see much of our population on bikes..

So you think my chances of getting this bike at around 9500 after taxes is slim? They also have a 2001 Honda CBR600F4i for $7500.. I want to keep this bike for at least 2 years or so, so I'm kind of worried the 2001 will be dated in 2006.

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    f4i is a great bike,lots of mods for them if you want, awesome smooth power , very linear pull. decent gear box, etc. the ride position can be drasticly altered with rearsets if it feels wrong to you . anyway, you can haggle them down to a price without commiting anything, so just try, maybe im wrong
    no

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 Honda 500SE<- Joke, I have a nice bike
    They are very different machines. If this is your first sportbike you will be much more comfortable with the F4i. They are very popular machines so they won't be dated any time soon. The RR really pushed the envelope for a street bike. If you are a newbie you simply will not be able to get any more enjoyment out of the RR than you will out of the F4i. Save the bucks and get the cheaper bike.

-Sandworm
    NOT A LAWYER

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    i ride an f4i btw, track only... and i cant complain about it at all... so... the 600rr is necessary for what?
    no

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    You're the one with the cash, if they won't negotiate then walk out the door. Remember, there will be a dealer willing to negotiate, especially when you have the cash and will pay for it right there. Another thing to keep in mind also is that the 600RR is not as comfortable as the F4i. The 600RR is geared more for the track. With cash in hand I'm pretty sure that someone will give you the bike for $9500 OTD. Just remember to be tough and just go to the next dealer if they won't help you.
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves