RRzoneman

Rossi's bike @ the Show

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    nice pic! thanks for sharing! i remember seeing that at the show. a lot of people were standing in front of it in awe. the one displayed at the show was some dude's replica of rossi's, wasn't it? does anyone know who it actually belongs to? ... or am i wrong?

Bike
    70cc 450cc
    actually, i think that was one of rossi's 211Vs. there would be no way someone could make that bike; i mean look at the carbon brakes, custom radiators, carbon fibre everything. that was one of them, although it could have been his say, 2nd spare...

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwota
    actually, i think that was one of rossi's 211Vs. there would be no way someone could make that bike; i mean look at the carbon brakes, custom radiators, carbon fibre everything. that was one of them, although it could have been his say, 2nd spare...
    oh wow, really? shiet, if it really was of rossi's, i should have stood in front of it and stared at it longer!! yeah, true... the real carbon fibre parts... i think you got me there. it's just that i thought it'd be too good to be true to be his shown here locally! how privileged we were! (now assuming that it really was his). it was one hella sweet bike though... i'm still oogling over the pic that RRzoneman had posted!!

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Yes, I do believe that it was the real thing. No one could actually make a replica of it like that, and besides, it was in the Honda area. They do have spare bikes, and this is probably one of his. I touched the front fender

Here's some pics that I took.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Purevil is soooooo dreamy Array Flyin''s Avatar
    Bike
    00 Ninja, 02 F4i, 99 R6 Race, 04 R6 Race... ...now nuthin. :(
    Yes it was the real thing, even got a pic of me holding it off the pedastol.
    There are some perks with being allowed in the Honda booth during set up and take down.
    Big Jim "There's really no excuse for you being a fucking wanker either, but you still carry on."
    Big Jim "STFU YFI"

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer V2.1
    Well, its not like Rossi was gonna need it anymore anyway. I figured it was the real thing.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

Sure, yep, lets ride... Array ZenOfZoom's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM 640 Adventure
    Damn sweet... to stand in the shadow of greatness. Well, Okay, the lighting didn't throw much shadow - presence then.

RRzoneman
    Guys,
    That was his 2002 bike that he never crashed during the season and won the title. He had more than one bike to ride, but this was not the spare machine this was the real bike. I was not aloud to sit on the bike ($1,000 000.00 US Dollars), but pushing the bike felt like is 200lbs.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    oh nice! so that's you in the picture? you got to push and <I>touch</I> the bike? you're damn lucky!

kable

Comfy?

Dare I say that bike almost looks comfortable...at least the handlebar to seat height ratio, although I am not too sure about the seat to pegs though.

and listen

equals

and

or in french,le steekmon! Array stickman's Avatar
    Bike
    2001 Triumph TT 600,1998 Kawasaki ZX6
    Very nice!!
    WMRC # 98

Registered User Array japhrodisiac's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR600RR Racebike
    People assume that there is this notion of a spare bike, or the real bike. The reality in motogp is that rossi has several bikes at any given race weekend, all of the same level of sophistication, and then at least one bike in development. There are always chassis to test, new engine configurations, new exhaust, new suspension, and the myriad of tuning possibilities for each configuration. So, i guess what i'm saying is, at this level, it really is a new bike every week or so. Honda throws untold millions at their gp program, why would they have a less sophisticated bike deemed as a spare? if something goes wrong with one bike, another needs to be able to cut the same lap times with 10 minutes prep time. The bike at the show looked like an '02 or very early season '03 given the exhaust congiguration, with updated '03 stickering. Nice shot Emil! - Japhy

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    oh i see. thanks. yeah, that makes sense. the only reason what got me thinking and suspected why it might not be the "real thing" is becuase i never would have thought they'd go through the hassle to bring such a nice, bike - to top it off, the REAL thing - at a show all the way in abby. i can understand if it was a bigger show like something brought to us by cycle world or what ever, but it was rather a nice surprise! it was a privilege to have seen the real thing in front of me though!
    Last edited by SmokinGixx; 01-30-2004 at 12:45 AM.

Registered User Array Krazy_j604's Avatar
    Bike
    turbocharged scooter
    i think its one of their promotional bikes they have around to bring to shows .... a promotional bike can be from last years ,a spare of some sort or just that honda made an extra bike just to bring to shows... i like the 600RR in the background picture when rossi was at the film festival for faster screening
    Last edited by Krazy_j604; 01-30-2004 at 05:26 AM.