Morals

Thread: Morals

Bike
    yz250f

Question Morals

Moral Question

A Question: What would you do?

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.

However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer. He simply answered:

"I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

However, the correct answer is: Run the old lady over and put her out of her misery, have sex with the perfect partner against the bus stop, then drive off with the old friend for some beers

God, I just love happy endings.

Crabalocker
    OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!! I got the fucker right, the first time!!!!! BOOOYAH!!!

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar
    Bike
    Be certain to make your good buddy take pictures of "the deed"...for posterity!

Okay, okay, so you can brag about it and have the proof to back it up!

And, NO! I don't mean doing the deed with the dead old woman's body!

Good Luck and Godspeed!

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    im sure on a wildy stormy night i wouldnt think to look at the suckers stuck at the bus stop. thinking about my warm roast beef dinner at home and beer. im an asshole, so id probably just blow by them, and there is a high chance that i would splash them with a sure to be nearby puddle.
    no

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    Tricky, tricky... but the question posed to you is misleading... it specifically asks which one person you would offer a ride to... not simply what you would do in the situation.

Permanently Out to Lunch Array Sehner's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Yamaha R6
    That's funny...we were doing practice job interviews at school today and I heard the same question, except in the version I got it was an old lady that was dieing and needed to get the hospital, a Doctor that needed to get the hospital to save a patients life and the girl of your dreams.

I said I'd get outa the car and hand the keys to the doctor so that he could drive the old lady to the hospital and stay there with the girl of my dreams.

I thought it was a pretty cool question for an interview....definately tests your ability to think outside of the box.
    "That's not a knife, this is a knife!"
    "That's not a knife, that's a spoon."
    "Oh so I see you've played knifey spoonies before."

Get outta the fast lane!! Array westvan_dude's Avatar
    Bike
    04' Suzuki SV1000S, 01' BMW K1200LT, 94' Suzuki Intruder 1400
    Quote Originally Posted by davesehn
    ...I thought it was a pretty cool question for an interview....definately tests your ability to think outside of the box.
    Wait a minute! ... you WERE thinking about the BOX! LOL

auger
    Hmm...well I have a pickup and would put the old lady inside and the other two ride in the back.Technically,they`re not inside the vehicle.

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer V2.1
    or you could always make more then one trip, get a taxi, call an ambulace for the old lady, rent a hotel room, ect... I like options. And no way I am letting anybody else drive my car.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

Bike
    06 GS500F
    i'd prolly stop - pick up my friend and the chick (she can sit on my lap, naked )

Permanently Out to Lunch Array Sehner's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by westvan_dude
    Wait a minute! ... you WERE thinking about the BOX! LOL
    "That's not a knife, this is a knife!"
    "That's not a knife, that's a spoon."
    "Oh so I see you've played knifey spoonies before."