Best Job: Alan Cathcart or Alain de Cadenet

Thread: Best Job: Alan Cathcart or Alain de Cadenet

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Vancouver Island
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050

Best Job: Alan Cathcart or Alain de Cadenet

I'm a regular reader of several motorcycle magazines and frequently see articles by Alan Cathcart where he's getting to road test all these really cool new bikes (e.g., in the most recent issue of Motorcyclist he gets to ride, what I assume are last years, MotoGP bikes from Ducati, Honda, Kawisaki and Yamaha; KTM's new sportbike; etc.). How cool is that?

I'm also a big fan of the show "Victory by Design" on Speed Channel, where Alain de Cadenet gets to drive all these classic road cars, Grand Prix and other sports cars from Ferrari, Maserati, Jaguar, Porsche, etc., many of them classics from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Again, how cool would it be to get to drive all these classic cars?

I can't believe that these guys actually get paid to do what I'm sure many of us would actually pay to do. But, I can't make up my mind who has the better job. I'm leaning towards ADC's job, but then again, trying all those new bikes would be great too. I'm curious to know what other people think.
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

ADC...Victory is an amazing show. I have never seen a 1/4 of the cars he drives!

victory is sick !!!!!!! i love that show that some huge dollar cars he's messing with and he drives the shit out of them .I bet its still a pleasure to see your one of a kind irreplaceable mint vintage car get thrown around that back country road for 20 min .Its one of the best shows on TV .You should hear him when he talks at the BARRET JACKSON auction,,He makes fun of all the hillbillie redneck cars and can pick out the wrong door handle or an imporper label on a rad cap from across the room .Plus he puts those other chuckle heds in thier place with all the shit he knows when they obviously dont know jack shit .