BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Views and Opinions wanted.... (be nice)

1K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Sailor 
#1 ·
My father is looking at buying a new old bike. It's an 86 Shadow 750. Immaculate condition, 40K km's and newish rubber. The guy parks beside him at the mill and they are pretty good friends. So my dad knows what kind of shape the bike is in and how it's been treated. The guy wants $3000 for it.

Is this a good price for this particular bike? Should my dad counter with something a little lower like around 26 or something?

Opinions? Comments? Snide remarks?

#3 ·
Price sounds fair if everything works fine.
I'd still try to deal him down a bit just because I have a tendency to be cheap. :p

G
#11 ·
Sailor said:
My father is looking at buying a new old bike. It's an 86 Shadow 750. Immaculate condition, 40K km's and newish rubber. The guy parks beside him at the mill and they are pretty good friends. So my dad knows what kind of shape the bike is in and how it's been treated. The guy wants $3000 for it.

Is this a good price for this particular bike? Should my dad counter with something a little lower like around 26 or something?

Opinions? Comments? Snide remarks?

Maybe counter around 1500? Seriously, they are way overpriced (Though I don't think 3k is too bad relative to market value), unless he is dead set on a Shadow maybe you should keep an eye out for a Virago. Also keep an eye out in case anyone puts one in their without knowing its value.

PM w/ your e-mail adress if you want a list of the Shadows in today (yesterday's) buy and sell, I've got the advantage membership and get it all early online and can e-mail it to you.

#12 ·
Shadow is what he has wanted for years. No wiggle room. Plus he's got it now. He takes posession next week.

#16 ·
Sorry I just noticed this thread or I would have responded sooner.....It's really important to check the coolant level and comppression on these bikes...the early ones had head gasket problems and they changed them out to a steel shim one (sorry I can't remember exactly when tho :( )

#18 ·
pm me if you need info, I still have the manual for mine kicking around here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.