It seems that all of a sudden the local cops have gotten very aggressive. I don't mean that there seem to be more traps out there. I mean to say that they are getting very heavy-handed when it comes to traffic laws and sportbikes. In some cases this heavy-handedness has bordered on illegality. Some level of this is normal and should be expected this early in the riding season. After a winter of polishing their equipment it's normal to expect a renewed sense of determination and eagerness on the part of the police. But what isn't normal is the number of quazilegal incidents popping up. The incidents being reported on this page are one thing, but I am hearing many stories from friends and family of mine. What's so special about this year?
1) Has something changed legally that I have not heard about?
2) Are there simply more new riders this season?
(New riders tend to get more squidly tickets imho)
3) Are we riders just slacking off and not paying attention?
4) Are we riders just acting more like idiots than normal?
5) Has something happened in the cop world to make them more stressed?
6) Has something happened in the cop world that makes them think that they are less encumbered legally?
7) Did someone spike their coffee pots?
8) Has someone spiked our coffee pots?