Thread: displacement

I'm interested in changing the displacement of my KE100 from 100ccs to 111ccs or more. Is it feasible to do this in Vancouver?

2. Remove Advertisements

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    If you can buy a kit of the parts then any decent dealer can put it in even if the cylinder needs to be sent out for reboring or re-sleeving.

If this is an off the wall original idea that has no piston and other bits kit available then I think you should lie down until the feeling goes away. WAY too much money to develop something like that for a po' lil ol' KE100.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Registered User Array stinkyfast's Avatar
    In front
    Anything to do with ICBC? I told my buddy it was worth it to just buy a non-working parts bike with a title. All you need is the registration. Maybe an enduro like a Dt175. Cheers and good luck

Thing is, I've already got a KE100. So after reboring the engine, thus changing the displacement, I'd be legal obligated to change the displacement as recorded on the vehicle registration, right? And then insure it in the 110cc-400cc displacement category, which is not exempt from the claim-rated scale!

Yes I know it would be an utter waste of money for me to go and actually go out and do this! I'm just being hypothetical, here, incase I decide to do this.

That wasn't my gravel on the road, damnit!