Remove Instigator Rule

Thread: Remove Instigator Rule

Hookedonphonics dropout Array f4kneedragger's Avatar

Remove Instigator Rule

With the events of the last two meetings with the Canucks and Avs it leads me to ask the question: Why the hell do we still have this rule?
    Before this rule opponents could expect serious retaliation if you messed with a teams top players.
    For instance, after Moore hit Naslund, Brad May could have done much worse then and there and only receive a fighting major, and maybe a misconduct.
    As it stands now players are penalised for being the first to retaliate by assesing Instigator penalties plus roughing or fighting Majors/minors.
    If the league is not going to take preventative measures then maybe it's time to let the players police themselves again, and let players like Steve Moore answer to a higher court.

BTW. Before the " Humanitarians " of this board go to gather their proverbial torches and pitchforks, I'm not condoning what Bert did. I'm only saying that there is a very likely chance this never would have happened if the League would pull it's collective head out of it's ass.
    " JESUS SAVES "...
    " But Miroslav Satan picks up the rebound and SCORES!!!"
    " What a move!, he beat JC like a redheaded step child."

I wish.
    Ok, either people should start posting to the same threads, or we need to create a Canucks forum.
    BCSB- Administrator

Port Coquitlam
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium
    Ok, either people should start posting to the same threads, or we need to create a Canucks forum.

That may not be a bad idea Adam.

We should have a Canucks Forum.