All right you guys, I have pretty much had it with all of the slagging on Mission Raceway.
Yes we know there are problems with Mission:
- Porta potties kinda suck
- Food vendors kinda suck
- It could use more spectator stands
- Blah blah blah
- Yadda yadda yadda
But then there are the good things about Mission:
- Highly technical, not just fast, "you need skills kinda track" within our own backyard
- BC's only motorcycle road race track (OH YAH HELLO!!!!!!! only track here in case I forgot to mention it!!!!!)
- Improvements to the track every year
- Volunteers, Racers & dedicated spectators keep showing up every race
- WMRC running the show trying to make it better and better every year, and in case I forgot to mention it these people are ALL VOLUNTEERS!!!!!!
So long story short, unless you are willing to get off your ass and actually contribute in some sort of positive manner to either Mission Raceway, WMRC or to motorcycle road racing in BC, please keep your negative comments to yourself. We as racers & volunteers of WMRC are having a hard enough time trying to promote racing here in BC without your useless whining of why Mission is so bad. You wonder why people like Ted (oldsquid) get so worked up about the negative Mission comments. He and a lot of other people have put a lot of time and hard work into promoting Mission Raceway & racing. Then these sarcastic know-it-alls come out of no where and do nothing but take us 5 steps back because of their comments.
If you don't like it, then go race and ride at other tracks!! Everyone could care less what you have to say about Mission unless you are willing to be one of the people to help improve what we have.
Thank you, and GOOD NIGHT!!!!