1986 SR5 Pickup 4X4 long box *California Model*

Thread: 1986 SR5 Pickup 4X4 long box *California Model*

Registered User Array BLUEBALLS's Avatar
    The Couch, a.k.a. "Pipe & Slippers"

1986 SR5 Pickup 4X4 long box *California Model*

Well after many years of good service and many replaced parts I've decided to put the Snorkel Truck up for sale.

This is a 1986 TOYOTA SR5 [5 speed with chrome bits & additional accessories like intermittent wipers, centre console, etc] 4X4. Approx. 215,000 miles on the chassis, yes, miles. I am the 3rd owner and the truck was originally from California but is now registered in BC. I put in a brand new 22RE from Canada Engines at approx. 202,000mi. The install was done locally in Victoria. The cooling system [radiator & water pump] along with the alternator, the oil sump pick-up & clutch were also replaced with the motor at the same time. It has the stock Nissin manual locking hubs. The front end is IFS. All the factory skid plates are still on the vehicle.

I recently replaced the transmission @ 211,000 miles with a fresh rebuild "W series" with fresh bearings & seals. The transfer case was replaced @ 191,000 miles in the summer of 2001 and I still have the original as a spare. I replace the gear oil at least once per year and the original transfer case suffered a small crack at the filler bolt from over torque when I was tired and not paying attention , expensive mistake. The crack can easily be welded by a skilled aluminum welder and become a swap ready 2nd or a source of cash on the buy & sell. The clutch master cylinder is new and the clutch slave was rebuilt with new internals around the same time that I replaced the transfer case in 2001.

This truck has a custom 2" intake snorkel with a K&N filter and a water proofed driveline ready for river crossings, it works excellent and has allowed me to harvest many Spring Salmon . The electronics were also waterproofed. The exhaust is custom bent galvanized 2 inch pipe with a Hooker competition header, Flo-Pro glass packed resonator & muffler. Work done by Island Muffler & Brake. Suspension is at the stock height with Rancho RS9000's [5 way adjustable struts] & overload springs. The truck is camperized with tie down box mounts & electric relay and has handled a fiberglass Northern Light 6'10" camper full of gear with no problems. In the picture you can see the extendable chrome camper mirrors.

I replaced the front calipers when I bought it in the summer of 2000. It has newer rear brakes, rear wheel & axle bearings from this past year @ 210,000 miles. Tires are 30" Mud & Snows on stock alloy wheels with a M&S spare on a steel wheel. The white "Stockland" fibreglass canopy is lockable & has a removable bunk. The box is the stock 7ft unit that has started to rust. The cab, front end & entire frame are free of rust and still very strong.

There is a mountain bike rack & receiver on the front cross memeber. Good stereo with tape, 6 CD changer & amplifier. Custom security system. I just serviced it and have all my maintenance history & receipts. Comes with extras I have lying around & 2 shop manuals. This is a great out doorsmans truck that gets great fuel economy from the addition of a PVI fuel system. I have NEVER been stranded by this machine.

Asking $6,200 CDN funds.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff so I will come back and edit this from time to time. If you have any questions, you can email me at robbie_gb@hotmail.com and put "your toy 4x4 sale", or something similar in the subject box. You may also see this vehicle listed in the Auto Trader magazine and online. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by BLUEBALLS; 03-30-2004 at 06:49 PM.
    Shit happens. Ya gotta deal with it as best you can under your own terms.

The one, the only, the original 'BLUEBALLS'!!! Spell it right noobs. Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby!