Ultimate players I need your help

Thread: Ultimate players I need your help

Registered User Array stinkyfast's Avatar
    Bike
    CT70

Ultimate players I need your help

I am a student teacher in Richmond and I want to teach my grade 6/7 class how to play ultimate. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of crappy frisbees that do not do the sport justice. I wanted to know if there is anyone with around 5 or so disc's they would lend us for a couple of months. I can't afford to buy any and I know the school or parents don't have the cash either. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers S.

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    Bike
    I have kids
    Have you tried the various tricks to get them in-shape again?

Letting them hold hot hot boiling water? Or putting them in the microwave???

Maybe someone on the VUL website can help. I've tried the boiling water trick; it worked a little, but not well enough to turn those tacos into game discs. But perhaps good enough for your students?

Bike
    I have kids
    Oops, sorry, I assumed the problem with your current discs were that they were bent to hell. But if they are just cheap-o, flexi flyers, then they aren't very useful even when they were new.

Again, contact VUL. http://www.vul.bc.ca

Registered User Array stinkyfast's Avatar
    Bike
    CT70
    Thanks Gord,
    I have contacted VUL and they don't have any. In college I went to a bunch of parties with ultimate players and everyone seemed to have about a dozen or so disc's. I guess I have to hit the party scene this weekend. Thanks for your suggestions... the frisbees are straight but TOTAL crap. Cheers S.

Bike
    I have kids
    The VUL executive might not be able to help, but they have posting forums on their website too. I know a few players who are teachers, some of whom have taught ulti in their classes too. Maybe post up a message there?

Otherwise scrape together enough bucks for one or two game-worthy discs, and use the rest of what you've got for practice.

Bike
    None right now...
    I'll admit i'm no frisbee expert, but i've thrown a lot of different frisbees in my time and I can see that there are definitely good ones and bad ones. But for the purposes of teaching someone to play ultimate, *any* straight, conventional frisbee should do just fine. You're only teaching them the mechanics of the game, you're not trying to make them into world-class players.

Get them to like the game first, and the kids will take care of getting their parents to buy them a good disc.