What bike to motard?

Thread: What bike to motard?

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Gixxer V2.1

What bike to motard?

New forum, lets ask all the newby questions and get them out of the way.

What would be a good bike to motard?

For those who are motarded allready, do you think you made the right choices? Would you do anything differently if you could start over your motard?
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

2. Remove Advertisements

... Array
    Lovin my xr 650, it goes well as a road bike, bigger and a bit heavier, but has lots of grunt and will outlast any other motor out there as far as durability goes... the CRF 450's and KTMs are wicked bikes as well, but you definently need to keep up on the maintenence more so then the big red pig... You have to ask yourself what you want to do... just rip around town? or do you want to do some road trips as well? XR is good for the long journeys... did an 8 hour journey on mine, and it was a blast! some of the other bikes dont hold much more then a liter of oil as they were made for Motorcross racing, and have to be light to compete against the 2 strokes...

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    none at the moment
    ...and that's why my next bike will be a XR650r , I want to have fun and be able to do the occasional manning park loop.
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

03 crf450 motard
    I've got the crf450. It's a focused motocross race machine. Makes a wicked motard track tool and is ok fo general city stuff. But sucks for any distance stuff. Tiny fuel tank (but light enough to push uphill to the next gas station, tested that personally in the pouring rain day one), gearing must be changed if you're gonna spend lots of time on the street. Plus the bike is NOt happy idleing around town. She happiest an sings songs of praise when you thrash on her like she owes you money.

Registered User Array staopaopa's Avatar
    Burnaby Kawasaki.com
    the xr650 is a great bike to SM, my buddy has one, and I ride a klx400r, he has an aftermarket carb, and the difference in power is aabout 20km's/hr on top...about
    See GOD, then back off.