I love the summer, and I hate the summer as well
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I love the summer, and I hate the summer as well

DPT Downtown Poser Team Array Bluepill's Avatar
    Bike
    beater piece of shit

I love the summer, and I hate the summer as well

YEAH GUYS, the summer is coming very soon! The weather is getting hotter and hotter! and i see lots of riders out there already. It's finally our time to RIDE regularly, time to shine! Everyone must be very exicited eh?~ ahahah

As a newbie, I visited this site very often last summer when i still did not have a bike yet. During the summer, I often see treads with titles "RIP XXX" or "Rider down on XXX st." etc......i know we riders are in this high risk group that on average 1 rider dies per week during the summer......(correct me if i am wrong).....I hate this...of course no one wants to die, and I don't want to see or hear any other riders pass away.....I could imagine myself in those situation....I don't even wanna imagine it......it's too scary to think about it....

The closer the summer is, the more the exicitment and anxiety I have...

Do you guys ever have the same feeling?.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    The Mighty One
    It was hard to keep up with last summer, tonnes of stolen rides and riders getting killed. It's a tough reality of the sport; one that I'll never like but have to accept. Stay safe fellas and enjoy the riding season.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    so, didn't go over so well in years past, but i'll try this again.....who's willing to bet on who's gonna be the first to fall...then the next....and the next....you get the idea....

who's chippin' in for the 'DEAD POOL'?
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    r6 track slut
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99
    so, didn't go over so well in years past, but i'll try this again.....who's willing to bet on who's gonna be the first to fall...then the next....and the next....you get the idea....

Wtf? Ask your parents why they didn't pay more attention to you.

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    well, that settles that, my first vote's on "bre".
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    BCSB member most likely to be on the 6 oclock news = DNA!!

About that one rider per week dying thing, Im guessing that youre referring to Vancouver and area...... no big shock there unfortunately.....I almost was a RIP thread 2 years ago when I got hit by a real winner in Richmond.

h22aSIR
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99

Your a fucking asshole. I've read tons of your replies and thier all negative or have nothing to do with the topic and all to do with pleasing your ass. Like in the AUGER memorial thread.. you didnt even say i'll be their or i cant make it and i would like to support his family.. all you said was " open bar " fuck have some respect his family you fucking prick. I hope I never meet anyone like you in real life you fucking sick fuck.

Bike
    '07 BMW K1200R
    I don't feel any anxiety at all when I go for a ride. I never get that "maybe this time" feeling. You just have to do whatever you can to be vigilant of other road users and that's all you can do. Worrying won't help, in fact it can cause accidents. If you're the type who rides with your hand hovering over the brake lever just waiting for something to happen, you're likely to panic and lock 'em up when your best defence would have been the throttle.

As for the stupid "Dead Pool" idea, I won't even dignify that with a comment.
    What was it all about?

Mr. Sophisticata Array toomuchgsxr's Avatar
    Bike
    05 Gixx 1000
    I would never get on a bike If I found myself thinking "I hope I dont bin"..just ride safe and control what YOU can control. The rest is gonna happen weather u like it or not.
    Team Troll - Triple T

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    i ride. i don't even think about it. you'll have to excuse DNA. he likes to post to rile up people and kudo's to him cause 10 out of 10 times he succeeds!! anyways. we fail to realize that more than 1 person dies per day in auto crashes. ok yes there are alot more cars out there but it happens. this sportbike site has some 3500 people apparently and 90% live down here. because of this we here of stolen bikes and deaths and accidents alot more. crashes and deaths aren't going up, just the realization of it from being basically advertised on a website goes up. keep it real and live it up!!
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    03 gsxr 1000
    My step dad got off last year and now he's hangin up the leathers. It took 50 years and lots of times off the bike for that unsecure feeling to creep in. if you have that now you shouls sell your bike.

Registered User Array GhostFlame_zx7r's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda 954RR; 2011 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    " WE RIDERS " can be sitting ducks on the road, due to other drivers, and just the simple fact, its a bike vs a car, or truck or 18 wheeler,,, its up to us to use caution and use safety equipment to our benefit, its not always the other " drivers " fault in such accidents, a percentage of the time, its the riders fault, speed, undue care and attention, doing tricks in unsafe enviroments, not judging the road conditions, ect,,,,, and the same can also apply to the other drivers, not following the driving rules of the road, so a lesson to be learned is always ride within the limits of your experience ability, and within your bikes limits, dont over extend yourself on public roads, ride safe this summer and always

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    2nd vote is in!
    h22aSIR, congrats, you win!

now hurry up and die.

Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    Bike
    04 Supersquid 750
    Okay everyone, if you haven't figured it out yet, some members' posts just have to be ignored.