Litre Bike Shootout Motorcycle-USA

Thread: Litre Bike Shootout Motorcycle-USA

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki XV 2182

Litre Bike Shootout Motorcycle-USA

-=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-

Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Thanks Mr. Murphy...Good Stuff.

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    But all must bow down to a new king of power-to-weight ratios, Kawasaki's ZX-10R. Having the most horsepower and torque obviously helps the equation, but having the lightest weight of the four contenders absolutely seals the deal. To gain further perspective, consider that the 10R boasts a whopping 50 additional horsepower over its ZX-6R little brother while weighing in just 14 pounds heavier than the 636cc bike.
    Innnnteresting...

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    me thinks power to weight ratio is only really a big impact for the expert rider. for most people though, a balanced bike will have you ride faster than a super powerful bike. Of course i'm pro-Honda here, but it's unfortunate that they labeled the bike to be the least exciting bike. What the editors are finding more important is the "shit your pants" factor, and definately the ZX-10R does that very well.

It's not about how fast you go, but how fast you think you're going
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    good readin!! thanks for the post!!
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    ZX10R rated the best, R1 coming in second, 1000RR third, and the GSXR1000 fourth. And they made a point of it that it wasn't merely based on power...

Even though the now-aged GSXR1000 still tested #2 in terms of power, it placed last overall...

Bike
    The Great Pumpkin
    Thanks for the link Mr Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamui
    It's not about how fast you go, but how fast you think you're going
    Gary, normally I may agree with you but unfortunately not this time The new class of litre bikes are amongst the very best road machines a person can buy. Regardless of price, or if it has 2 or 4 wheels. The new bikes literally would have been good enough to land AMA podiums against superbikes from just a year or two ago. Sometimes it is about speed and how fast you go. And if I win the lottery tomorrow, make mine the ONE.

Bike
    Red
    the honda's tubby. like Newman.
    one of these days i'm gonna change my evil ways, till then i'll just keep ridin' on.

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by BELDAR
    Thanks for the link Mr Murphy.

Gary, normally I may agree with you but unfortunately not this time The new class of litre bikes are amongst the very best road machines a person can buy. Regardless of price, or if it has 2 or 4 wheels. The new bikes literally would have been good enough to land AMA podiums against superbikes from just a year or two ago. Sometimes it is about speed and how fast you go. And if I win the lottery tomorrow, make mine the ONE.
    hehe, when I said that, it was what I have been getting from editors reviewing these bikes. I'm all pro-Honda, but it seems that a lot of these editors are finding the bike a little bland and boring, even though it's probably just doing its job very well. I would imagine the 1000RR to be one of the best bikes out of the 4 on the track, despite its extra fatness. The suspension handles everything so well that you can probably utilise more of that bike than say the 10R. However, editors and reviewers often complain that the 1000RR doesn't put a grin on your face, so when i said that "it's how fast you think you're going," that was a remark aimed towards street riding and how reviewers are choosing the best bike.

If i had to choose one, i'd choose the 1000RR for sure.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    I think its funny how the R1 had "dyno" issues. MCN rated it best of all the new bikes too said it was the fastest on the track blah blah blah. But who cares none of that crap matters on the street, its all coffee talk to me.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle
    Good reading Mr.Murph....
    Just the kinda comparison I was looking for !!!!!
    D()K
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.