BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Sad News But I Knew It was Comming!

4K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  gasman 
#1 ·
This dude was not wanting any help to get it going and wanted it to be all MotoEvents so the captin sank with his ship ...
To all SM Racers -

I'm sad to say, but MotoEvents will not be running a 2004 SuperMoto series.

Last year saw a loss and we needed to see a certain amount of sponsorship
which has not materialized. Venue was another consideration. The lack of a
good venue made it tough to get good commitment.

We will continue working for the future of the sport though.

In the meantime let us support all the other series'. Washington, Vancouver
Island and the interior (look for future announcements on Penticton).

FYI: West Coast Superbike School is having a Motard - Tradex play day on
April12. Not allot have signed up, so it has been opened up to other than
just super moto. For more info, pre-book through their site
www.westcoastsuperbikeschool.com

See less See more
#4 ·
He did say watch for event's in Penticton ?

Hey guy's We went to Penticton last friday and seem to have layed out a pretty good little track,load's of turn's, not much straigt out speed, and we're still working with the owner on the dirt section. We were turnin laps in the 1 min area. I'm hoping to get to do some more testing there soon as I get back from California on the 24th or so. Will let you know when I know more. We NEED this sport to HAPPEN, so let's all pull together and make it happen ! if you guy's have a event down there, we will try our damndest to get down and support it and VISAVERSA. if any one down there is needing a place to stay when up here,please let me know,I'll have room for up to 3 people here in Kelowna,and can find more accomidations in Penticton if needed.

#15 ·
If there is so much interest? in Supermoto, why am I one of the few regular BC SM guys that is hitting WMRC every event since getting my race liscence in 02(missed the endurance and last race last year due to injury) and raced all the Motoevents Supermoto races last season. Ya Mission does not have dirt but it is a gas still. I am trying to find the info on Penticton track. Thanks Pete #87, Scott # 88, Paul #69, Bart #66, Jayson#64. If you have built a SM come on out and join the fun on the track at Mission until there is a regular SM series. If you are a WMRD roadie and want to give it a go, talk to me at the next T&T at Mission.

#17 ·
G-Force said:
hey Tom. I had my sm @ mission #76 but it blew over in stock form. Got to silence it, but it will be out this year. When you hear a crf450 knocking at your back door it'll be me
The noise of a stock CRF or my EXC is too loud ?
Ok and a top fule car at full song is way quieter than that ? :rolleyes

#18 ·
WILD FX said:
They own the track and make the rules and can make all the noise they want a given number of days a year. WMRC are the bottom feeders at Mission Raceway Park so we take what we can get. At least there are more race dates each year and it is a lot faster that the average supermoto course.

Kevin, make it quiet and come on out. The more the merrier. At least at Mission there are no cones to try to stay inside of during a race.

I was thinking of a CRF450 for this season but with the noise issue, no transferable parts from the XR and the additional 3k it would probably take to flog the XR and build a CRF I decided not to. Also with the state of Supermoto in BC I figured Mission would be the most track time available locally.

I was digging the sound of your rig last year Gio. Sounded wicked in the pits from T2 to T3, too bad it only lasted a few laps. Hopefully you can get the sound under control. Is there enough for a Motard class yet if you are out as well? I see you are flogging the 600RR, are you fully motarded?

#20 ·
WILD FX said:
whats the DB level ?
95db measured at the start/finish line. I am half way through fourth gear full throtttle by the time I pass the meter. I have heard the stock XR pipe is 96 db and have had no issues. Big Gun makes a quiet baffle fo rtheis can that is 93-94 db. It may be able to work on other cans???

#21 ·
WILD FX said:
yes my stock crf is too loud for mission. Your exc, don't know? But chances are it's too loud if you've got an aftermarket can and maybe even with the stocker. Like Sloan says, they are not our rules, argueing doesn't change them, we just live with them or find other places to play. Personally I want to play everywhere.

#24 ·
G-Force said:
you might be all good then. If you are close to 95 then maybe it would be a simple as a cone $20-40 to make you good
Mspeed Performance has some inserts made by Over The Hill Racing I believe that are cheap. May need to change jetting with those and repack your can. Also will have to safety wire all the engine fluid bolts and such to pass tech.

Still better than not racing.

#25 ·
More Supermotards Needed To Take Over Town

HEY IAN :band LETS GET ALL THE GUY's AND GAL's ON HERE TO COME OUT TO ONE OF OUR SECRET DAY TRACKS AND SEE WHOO'S WHO ON WHAT. PERSONALY I'M GETTING A LITTLE TIRED OF EMBARASSING THESE STREET BIKES AND NEED A LITTLE MORE ACTION FROM OTHER MOTO HEADS LIKE OURSELVES. QUIT THE CRAP AND START ROLLIN :evilgrin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.