Petition Against Gordon Campbell selling Our MSP to the Americans

Thread: Petition Against Gordon Campbell selling Our MSP to the Americans

Port Coquitlam
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR

Petition Against Gordon Campbell selling Our MSP to the Americans

The following ad was placed in Mar 6, 2004 Times Colonist by the BCGEU.

I feel strongly about this issue and urge you to read further and then sign the petition.

The Gordon Campbell Liberals plan to sell off the Medical Services Plan and PharmaCare to either IBM or Maximus - both American multi- national corporations - by August 31.

The government will give an American-owned corporation access to private records on every British Columbian. This includes health treatment, pharmacy, income tax, mental health and criminal records, as well as records from the ministries of Children and Family Development and Human Resources.

A New York expert on the new USA Patriot Act says this could even give the FBI access to our private medical record.

The Patriot Act allows the FBI to demand corporations secretly hand over medical records and other personal information of innocent people. And U legal precedents suggest even if the information is held by a Canadian subsidiary, the American parent company could be required to hand it over.

Our personal medical information should not be made available to private corporations that don't answer to our privacy laws. It should remain in the care of public employees who are bound by an oath of office to keep it confidential.

For more information and to sign the petition,

CBR 929rr
    Okay, it's not April 1st anymore, so ---- WTF?

My blood hurts.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    It still hasn't been totally confirmed whether the U.S. Patriot Act would apply to Canadian files.
    As has been the case more and more often, this particular union is crying a bit too loud before anything is confirmed.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

The BCGEU is more interested in maintaining their jobs and their power than finding solutions to health care problems. Using the FBI or US style privitization is fear mongering and prevents us from looking for legitimate ways of solving the big money pit that medicare has become. I trust the people behind the Patriot act even less than the BCGEU but I won't be signing it.