BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Kamloops to Calgary to Kamloops 23~26 April

618 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Bora20 
#1 ·
I am planning to ride out to see my parents in Calgary on Friday April 23rd. I will be leaving from Kamloops, but I have not decided upon a start time yet.

I will be returning on Monday April 26th.

I was wondering if anyone wants to ride along with me (on your own bike, not on the back) there or on the way back?

Maybe you have some friends you haven't seen for awhile. Maybe you want to kepep going after that.

Let me know. Trip from Kamloops in approximately 700km/7 hours.

#2 ·
I'd love to... but my tires aren't in very good shape. I'd be nervous about going that far.

I might tag along out to salmon arm though.

#3 ·
Android said:
I'd love to... but my tires aren't in very good shape. I'd be nervous about going that far.

I might tag along out to salmon arm though.
Get some new tires and come along. Salmon Arm would be cool though. I was thinking about leaving around 8:00 am on the 23rd.

#5 ·
It snows it Calgary in July, not just April. I am not too worried about it though.

I am going to check the weather before I go and if it is shit, I will ride to my mother in-laws house in Kelowna, drop off the bike, and get on a Westjet flight. Unfortunately, they are not the $49 they used to be, now up to $126 1-way to Calgary.

Besides, if they can ride in Europe in the snow, we Canadians should be able to do it.

G
#7 ·
Just to let you know its beautiful weather here! Dan come to Mcgowans golf dome off Macleod trail 2-4pm on sat 24th, theres a show and shine for the bike club I belong to, you can come and meet some peeps. I have the silver/gold 750 kat.

#8 · (Edited)
I just made it home from Beiseker (1 hour north-east of Calgary). Pretty tired and covered in bugs.

I used 74.835L of fuel over 1415.4 km. This works out to 5.29L/100km or 53.4 Imperial MPG.

WW: Too bad I didn't know about the bike show as I was in Calgary all day Saturday. I did go to Blackfoot and get a tank pad though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.