BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

atten: anyone done this before ?

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Prez 
G
#1 ·
any pet owners out there had actually taken their pets out for a rdie ? exp: put your little puppy or cat in your backpack and open up the zipper a lit bit for them to stick their head out ??? :thewave ?

#3 ·
I had a custom tank bag made for my Maltese......she's put a lot of miles on.....she hasn't been on the Busa tho

#8 ·
You can get a "poochpak" which is a backpack with holes for legs and a tail. Kind of like a papoose for puppies. I wanted to try it, but was afraid my dog would shit down my back. I am pretty sure they would not enjoy it as much as I do. Poochpaks can be found at Petland Superstore in Langely, just of Fraser, close to willowbrook mall.

#12 ·
3 of 7 said:
I had a custom tank bag made for my Maltese......she's put a lot of miles on.....she hasn't been on the Busa tho

haha a buddy and myself went for a ride to harrison on sunday and we passed an older guy on a goldwing with something very similar to that with his little dog inside. looked pretty neat.

#13 ·
sascrx88 said:
haha a buddy and myself went for a ride to harrison on sunday and we passed an older guy on a goldwing with something very similar to that with his little dog inside. looked pretty neat.
The dog loves it....I had it made out of an insulated cooler with a hole that she could pop her head out of when she wanted to look around....sure enuff ...every time I slowed down she'd pop up and look around....If there were dogs in cars she'd bark/laugh at them.....Unfortunately, she kinda got too big for it.

#14 ·
I've seen various pets, all dogs no cats, on bikes over the years and stopped to talk to the owners wherever possible. One rider, who was talking with the pet owner, used to take a former dog with him and the dog loved it. The new dog, however, was deathly afraid after the first try with the same tailbox. So I think it's fine IF the pet seems to enjoy it. The big test seems to be after the first ride if when you bring the bike out if the pet runs up to it and looks all happy and expectant. If they find a place to hide or seem to not show intrest it's probably because you scared the poop out of them the first time.

Be sure it's the PET that likes riding rather than you THINKING the pet likes it just because you thiink it's cool. I'm not pointing any fingers but I see a lot of pet owners that seem to think that their dog likes the same things they do even when the dog obviously has other ideas on the subject.

As far as cats go I've found that it's a rare cat that likes car travel and probably an even rarer cat that would enjoy or even tolerate a motorcycle ride.

#15 ·
I had a dog once that would throw up every time we put him in the car....the car didn't even have to move.....he'd barf as soon as we put him in.....He didn't last long.. :(

#16 ·
I have seen someone take a deer for a ride on his R6 handlebars/arms on westside road in Kelowna a couple of years ago.
Didn't last too long.
If you don't beleive it see Mike at the woodfire bakery. Make antlers with your hands when you go in and ask him for venison pizza :)

#18 ·
My wife keeps telling me "we should get a sidecar so we can bring the dog with us". I'm sorry, but if your going to put a sidecar on bike, you may as well be driving a car.

He's over 60 lbs, so no back-packing either, although my wife has suggested that too :rolleyes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.