Major Computer troubles

Thread: Major Computer troubles

ryanb

Major Computer troubles

Turns out nothing is more true than the saying "ignorance is bliss". Up until yesterday I'd been running my computer for a year with no anti-virus software without any trouble. I thought I'd try a trial version of an anti-virus program to see if my system is clean. Well as soon as I install the virus program it tells me I have x number of viruses. GREAAAT, the smart thing to do would have been to delete the virus program and go back to being ignorant, but since I'm writing this I'm obviously not smart.

Ok so now I try to go about fixing things, which in retrospect was one of the stupidest things I've ever done since I know just about nothing about computers. OK, so then windows stops working, so I reinstall it, I think. Anyways it's working now, somewhat, I'm getting all kind of error messages, and now it takes about 5 times longer to open or load anything including windows itself.

Basically, I need someone's help to fix all this shit up, someone who DEFINATELY knows what the hell they are doing. I'm willing to pay that person a VERY reasonable sum to help me out, so long as it's less than what I would pay a computer shop to fix it up.

Ryan

Bike
    '09 Bandit SEA
    $50/hr if you have all the CDs for your software.
    $100/hr otherwise.

-Matt

I do all my own stunts Array boarder's Avatar
    Bike
    only 1 bike now, '02 gsxr750
    Is that ur charge??? yikes

I can do it, doesn't matter if you have cds. BUt im a lil unsure about goin over to people's places. U can drop it off at my store, we charge 50 bux an hour for non-warranty stuff...but I'm really lenient, so it's usually just a 1 hour charge. OUr branch we kinda focus on customer service. pm me if ur interested, I'll send you the link to our site and addy. We have an online forum on the site if ur a lil unsure about our rep, you can ask the guys on there.
    anyone wanna lend me a bike ?

sigtrap
    i can fix it for you if you want to bring it over or i can attempt to fix it over the net....
    i charge a case of kokanee!

Bike
    '09 Bandit SEA
    I don't own a shop anymore.

That's what it's worth to me.

-Matt

Registered User Array
    Bike
    '79 Honda 500SE<- Joke, I have a nice bike
    It all boils down to one question:
    Is there any data/software on the computer that you cannot live without?
    If so back it up on CDRs.
    1) Turn off the computer and open the case.
    2) Disconnect the wide flat cable that attaches to your harddrive. (It's the box without a cd tray at one end)
    3) Disconnect the red/black/yellow power supply cable.
    4) Locate and remove the mounting screws for the drive.
    5) Remove the drive!
    6) Find a nice flat surface and lay the drive on it.
    7) Smash it with a hammer untill you are blue in the face.

If you have all the CDs for your software a new 50$ drive is FAR cheaper than paying someone to debug/devirus the thing. Reformating/rewindowing the new drive is also dead simple.

-Sandworm
    Last edited by Sandworm; 04-08-2004 at 08:54 PM.
    NOT A LAWYER