Pros and Cons of Black Leather

Thread: Pros and Cons of Black Leather

Registered User Array VipeRVenoM's Avatar
    95 Kawi Ninja zx6r

Pros and Cons of Black Leather

Looking into getting a 2 piece all black leather suit.
    The pros I see is that it does look nice for just a regular jacket. Has higher resale value then the green one Im either looking to get. Cons is that its less visable and probably hotter in the summer. Or is leather no matter what colour just plain hot? Your guys opinions...

2. Remove Advertisements

Richmond now... not BBY
    600RR Yeeeellllooow
    Perforated leather isn't as hot. Black absorbs heat but in a sense, it's all damn hot when you're in the friggin sun on Robson stuck in traffic... everything cools down once you get goin. As for visibility, add some or make sure there are some reflective strips on your suit. For resale, the black would be better than the green since you would probably only restrict it to kawi's since most other bikes don't come in green.
    We rode our bikes together, we laughed together, we cryed together, we even lived together. All our friends said we were a the perfect match. I can tell the world that I know I'm the luckiest person alive because I got to live my dream for 3 years 7 months and 11 days.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I had an all-black suit and noticed a slight difference in how hot I became when I switched to a coloured suit. Slight.
    My motto is always if you're too hot, you're going too slow.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.