Cali... left right left right.... lefffffttttt!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cali... left right left right.... lefffffttttt!

Whalley.. NYC.. CNY.. New West.. Kelowna.. good gawd back to New West
    Bike
    98 Gixxer 750... crumpled.. 01 Gixxer 1000 crumpled... 04 XR650R motard

Talking Cali... left right left right.... lefffffttttt!

Well me and BF got back from our supermoto tour of northern California in one piece (not to say that we didn't have some issues.. getting across the border was just one of many challenges) and I have to say I'm not sure who works for the highways department in California, but some of those goat tracks were mind boggling... there is nothing that can put a smile on your face than riding along and seeing a road sign that says "curves for next 6 miles" which was immediately followed by a sign which says "curves for the next 6 miles"... followed by another and another... (every passed sign was followed by a and/or wheelie from BF)

We kept a written comentary of all the things that happened... and documented the trip with a bunch of pictures (athough I did have my issues capturing "the large yellow mass on film"... next year camera's 101 for fast moving objects). BF has them and his new puppy (what a cool dog!) and is heading back up to K-town, so I'll let him post the rest of the trip up.

Talk about a gut laughing experience... from "banjo land"... passing sportsbikes in the s-curves while standing up... to wheelie and "micro stoppie" fest in San Fancisco.

What a trip! Now to purge the system... got a marathon to run in a few weeks... (I may truly die this time!)
    Last edited by Choco; 04-18-2004 at 10:50 AM.
    Rip shit!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by smartassblonde
    I read your posting because it was first in the "new posts" and that is one cute dog! Is it a service dog because I can see what looks like a blue vest on it or maybe it is a blue bow.

Your bike trip sounds like fun, but I'd have a sore bum all the time. I have enough problems riding from UBC to Ambleside Park in West Van and back!
    Nope only service Gus provides is the "is it dinner time look" and the occasional sneak attack on his stuffed bear or other dogs (and believe me when I say he is a lover not a fighter). It's a blue bow.. pic was from Christmas.

Well we didn't ride down to Cali... we put the bikes in a truck and drove down then did loops back to the truck (either in the same day or a few days at a time). Regardless, my ass was killing me after riding for about 7 hours straight, so you aren't alone... dirt bike seats aren't all that comfy either.
    Rip shit!

Bike
    vtwins
    cant wait to see all the goods!

and lets hear some stories
    10 KTM rc8 r
    03 Yamaha R6 (track)
    97 HD Sporty 883

Bike
    1198 S 999R 990 superduke
    Story's .........yes we have a tun of em ! but a picture tells a thousand words.
    Getting married is like stickin your hand in a running lawnmower.....if you are smart..you'll only do it ONCE !
    (by S Whiting)

I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by BF
    Story's .........yes we have a tun of em ! but a picture tells a thousand words.
    I can't wait to hear / see some more of your trip.

Have a trip planned for July going down to Eureka Cali and back up... all on the bike, so i know my butt is gonna be sore. The trip is catalogued at just under 5000km so far in 8 days.

Bike
    This pic was story # 18 I believe ? This was on the way back to the truck in Yreeka fron 15 miles north of Ft Bragg. We did the road thru Leggett(a town the used to be there ?) up the Ave of the Giant's gas'd up in a real small town, met some kid's 8-10 years old kid's, Jr, Robert was his real name, and a 8 year old black girl that could do better wheelee's on her pedal bike ,than Chimpo on his Tard.

Then we proceeded east till Madd River, that's where this happened in reality we had 2 choices, Nigel ride to the truck and come back for me, or visa versa. we took the ladder of the 2 . I rode like a Banchee for 3.5 hours and drove like a mad man for another 3 to get back to Nigel. It would be like breaking down on Duffy lake rd and having to go to Kelowna for the truck......ALL BACKROAD's......fuckin fun though
    Got my second California low bush Cariboo (squirrel) and my first snake, the snake could have been a bungy cord ? it all happened so fast..I dunno ? Needless to say,it was a fun trip....kinda... for me......but thinking of my poor buddy back there sittin on his ass dooin nuthin, waiting for me , just made a guy ride that much harder. Reality ! the sonofabitchinbastard has gone thru my back pack,is wearin all my warm gear,and has my Black Russian bottle empty befre the sun went down .....good on ya buddy but I wouldn't have stopped till I found the bud
    Getting married is like stickin your hand in a running lawnmower.....if you are smart..you'll only do it ONCE !
    (by S Whiting)

I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Bike
    There was bud in that pack...

Picturing it now... me trying to light it with the exhaust on your bike... probably could have traded some of it for a piece of hillbilly BBQ squirrel too.. mmmm.
    Rip shit!

Bike
    Ok Day 1 :

We leave the custom's at Langley after a small detention,and the fact that the guard's could not fund the "dope" after getting through all the traffic in Seattle,we are bookin our way down the I 5 minding our own business and come up behind a small red truck ,after tailgating him for some time , I get the chance to go by on the right,and I do. Next thing ya know, "Razor Eyes" (a Terminator look alike, minus 100lbs) pull's up beside us and lowers his glasses, and looks at me ,like I'm the fuckin IDIOT, I'm thinking at this point to run this fucktard off the road, but Nigel calmly say's to me , he's probably got a gun, so I just keep it to the pin, and watch his little man truck disappear in the rearview.It was pretty uneventful the rest of the trip till we got to the Cali border. We arrived at just after 4 and were on our bike's making track's by 5 pm and out of fuel by 6:30. I ran out 4 times that trip, because I didn't want to put all the we had in reserve(1 liter) all in 1 shot. When we got back to Yreka we had enough Black Russians to get everyone here drunk,so we started to put a dent in the supply.
    (by S Whiting)

Bike
    06 CBR600RR, 07 CRF150R
    It was good to see you guys when you got back! the laughter continued as we read their journal and listened to stories over the best plate of seafood linguine one of my girlfriends and I have ever had... and their drinks, nothing but straight liquor to get 400lbs of manflesh efficiently juiced!

you guys really know how to road-trip and entertain.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver
    It was good to see you guys when you got back! the laughter continued as we read their journal and listened to stories over the best plate of seafood linguine one of my girlfriends and I have ever had... and their drinks, nothing but straight liquor to get 400lbs of manflesh efficiently juiced!

you guys really know how to road-trip and entertain.
    WTF 400 lbs did ya leave out one of Nigel's testicles ?
    (by S Whiting)

Bike
    Day 2:

Started out the morning with a 5 shot Late' and a smoke. we rode west to Etna and got on the first of many backroad's. The first pass we encountersd still had about 5 feet of snow on the edge of the road. On the way up the first pass , I had my first setback, my tail light had broken loose and was dangling in the rear wheel. I stopped andd sessed the situation out , and came to a conclusion......I'm fucked ! I didn't bring the "Tool's"....DooH ! and even if I did bring them, we need a drill to McGiver this together. I then thought of the one tool I always bring with me on a road trip, my ....and it's the only thing I have with this brand name mark on it.....my "Harley Davidson "knife. Not realy caring if I broke the knife or not, I proceeded to bore a bigger hole in the aluminum bracket to make for a quick fix for the tail light bracket. While I was doing that , Choco made like a Tibeten guide and roamed the steep country side in the snow.

After the tail light fix , we were good to go , and did. Comming down the first pass, Nigel decides to swap end's on his bike, mid corner no less,and lay's his bike down ,no big deal,torn pant's, brused ass,experience....priceless !

We rode through some road's that I don't even think the California Highway guy's know about ? I mean these things were tractor trails that had been paved in the 70's and that was the maintainance till 2070. There were places where the road had sluffed away, and the grass was like 4 feet tall with small tree's where it had sluffed away, that alone will tell ya how long it had been like that.

We arrived at "Sommers Bar" and got onto a road with paint on it, as in lines,there were double lines,single lines,dotted lines,and it was all a welcome sight to us. Met up with a guy on a VFR but he got a little nervous when I was following him thru the turns standing up, so he decided to take a quick tenner on the side of the road till we had gotten as far out of his way as possible. On to Eureka. Pulling onto the coastal Hwy near Eureka we came to a bit of a bottle neck, seem's some poor squid had wiped out his ninja 500 on the straightest piece of road in miles around, and was hugging the guardrail spittin chicklet's by the time we got to the scene. O ya , blew buy a pack of 10 or so HD's on the way there in the twisty's........no answer there?

After that ,it was south to Ferndale. If you EVER get a chance to ride "The King's Range" TAKE IT ! this is a piece of road that time forgot. It's a little jut that sticks out into the pacific ocean and has a road that is more like the Isle Of Mann . No sighn's saying slow to 20, no sighn's saying, mutherfuckin STEEP grade comming up,check brakes here,no sighn's saying, sheep EVERYWHERE ! it's a "your on your own"kinda road, but well worth the trip. It dump's back onto the 101 about 40mi south of ferndale, buut we decided to go real back country riding once we figured we had enough gas to get to the next gas stop. The town of Honeydoo.....well if that aint "Banjo Central" we stumbled across a bunch of the local's playing horse shoes and drinking beer,and riding quad's through the main street(like there was a cop in 50 miles of that place)quite interesting,and makes you appreciate where ya live and what you do for a living. After leaving the North West Horse Shoe Championship's, we headed for Legett , a town that use to have 3 gas station's and a couple of restaraunt's......no more ! shut down....fuck....no gas.....WTF we gunna do ?

We headed to a town on the coast Ft Bragg 39 miles, thinking we should be able to make it there on the gas we have, we set out , only to be caught in the darkness ,with Nigel only having a tinted visor,it got pretty slow in spot's. as we got closer to the coast, the thick as clam chowder fog moved in. You may as well been riding blindfoulded, I mean , the fog was thick enough that you could see the water in the tiny droplet's,and mixed with darkness, you couldn't see JACK ! so up went the visor's and at just better than a running pace ,we limped it into a dot of a town ,and found the only room available for $60 a night. we looked for the TV for about an hour before giving up,and also tried to locate the phone,but with no luck. So we went across the street to the store that sell's everything from tackle to gas to Pizza........Nigel took everything they had in the way of pizza,and we retired to the room with BR's and beer,and a fatty for the eve.
    (by S Whiting)

Bike
    this is the king's range& Ferndale Hotel.
    (by S Whiting)

Bike
    ohoneninetwonine
    ahhh sounds like soo much fun.... that first pic isn't sooo bad its only flat on the bottom after all!!
    Last edited by Big_Bird; 04-19-2004 at 06:50 PM.
    You wouldn't believe the number of tools you meet selling tools

Bike
    caption for #2 pic

I'm gunna get me one of those fine lady's for the night......bahahaahahahahais the call for sheep
    (by S Whiting)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by BF
    caption for #2 pic

I'm gunna get me one of those fine lady's for the night......bahahaahahahahais the call for sheep
    If I do recall... the quote was "dhose sheep are makin' me horny"...
    Rip shit!