Open Trackday at Mission
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Trackday at Mission

Registered User Array
    Bike
    09 ZX10R

Open Trackday at Mission

Well here it is guy's and gal's. Mission Raceway will be open for a trackday on Wednesday July 21st. Only the first 35 riders who have prepayed their $200 by June 19th will be accepted. You now have the chance at riding around the lower Mainlands only race track. For more details email me at banditt8@hotmail.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2005 GSX-R600 - Orca Bay Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer160
    Well here it is guy's and gal's. Mission Raceway will be open for a trackday on Wednesday July 21st. Only the first 35 riders who have prepayed their $200 by June 19th will be accepted. You now have the chance at riding around the lower Mainlands only race track. For more details email me at banditt8@hotmail.com
    Hey Andy,

Good to see ya again yesterday. Few quick questions about the open track day....are there going to be corner marshalls and an ambulance?

Thanks!

Bike
    Motordirex Suzuki
    ...the lower Mainlands only race track...
    *sigh*
    Thain
    WMRC #888
    Sponsors

Hater of slower deceitful and backstabbing individuals

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    There will be a volunteer corner marshall setup. Ambulance will be someone's cell phone and There will be an "official" in the tower with binoculars watching to red flag if a rider goes down hard. If you go off and keep it up or if you appear to be out of harms way we will wave a full course yellow perhaps. We sort of hashed this out in rough but the official "rules" will be announced here by Andy shortly I'm sure.

Purevil is soooooo dreamy Array Flyin''s Avatar
    Bike
    00 Ninja, 02 F4i, 99 R6 Race, 04 R6 Race... ...now nuthin. :(
    ...hhhmmm sounds interesting. Keep us posted with the details.
    Big Jim "There's really no excuse for you being a fucking wanker either, but you still carry on."
    Big Jim "STFU YFI"

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth
    There will be a volunteer corner marshall setup. Ambulance will be someone's cell phone and There will be an "official" in the tower with binoculars watching to red flag if a rider goes down hard. If you go off and keep it up or if you appear to be out of harms way we will wave a full course yellow perhaps. We sort of hashed this out in rough but the official "rules" will be announced here by Andy shortly I'm sure.
    Sounds like I might have a job in there somewhere.

Good Luck and Godspeed!

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard
    Rain or shine?

Hookedonphonics dropout Array f4kneedragger's Avatar
    Bike
    Arseefiddywun
    Do bikes have to meet WMRC tech qualifications in order to participate?
    " JESUS SAVES "...
    " But Miroslav Satan picks up the rebound and SCORES!!!"
    " What a move!, he beat JC like a redheaded step child."

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    No coolant perhaps. Kickstand elastic band or removed. Lights (front/rear and signals) taped up or removed. Idea is to stop kick stand drop, coolant spill and loose glass/plastic on the track. And you'll have to have a DOT or Snell helmet. Leathers is something we haven't fully discussed but you'd be nuts to show up for a track day in jeans. I'm sure we'd turn you away.

and Eugene can be my bitch. For a day.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    09 ZX10R
    To answer some of the questions here. I have the insurance regulations. They require full leathers. You must hold a calss 6 BC motorcycle Lic. Rain or shine it'll be ago. As for the bike, tape the lights, remove mirrors, and safety up the side stand, or remove it. Good tyres, no bold patches or worn out centre tread. SOUND LEVEL will require the use of STOCK Mufflers, NO AFTER MARKET.and no exceptions. There will be a first aid station, and corner workers with radio's, plus a spotter on the tower. Hay Bales will be placed at the same coners as we have them now. This will be a SAFETY FIRST event.
    The plan is for everyone to have a safe and fun day at Mission. I will not tolerate anyone who thinks this is a day to go nuts and ride like and Idiot just because they are out on a track. If anyone is seen being a jurk they will be out.
    No alcohol anywhere on the premises at any time during the day, so don't plan on bringing any.
    I will post more details as I get them.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    SOUND LEVEL will require the use of STOCK Mufflers, NO AFTER MARKET.and no exceptions...
    Andy, with respect to that rule...if a bike with an aftermarket exhaust has passed the db level at Mission during regular TnT's...will they be allowed to ride on the track? Or will I have to source out a stock can for my bike?

Thanks.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle
    I might be able to help out Andy.
    Will have to check work schedule as date gets closer.
    D()K
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Harps
    Andy, with respect to that rule...if a bike with an aftermarket exhaust has passed the db level at Mission during regular TnT's...will they be allowed to ride on the track? Or will I have to source out a stock can for my bike?
    Ditto.

I guess you don't have a DB meter to meatball the loud people, but if someone lasted a day at Mission, doesn't that prove they've set up their bike to be quiet enough?

Bike
    none
    I think you should gets these rules firmed up quickly. There's lots of questions...

Like you say no jeans, what about textile pants? or 2pc leather with 8" zipper? I guess you won't demand back protectors.

DOT or snell helmets... so snell 85 is ok? And I hear those beanie caps are DOT approved, you'll let those on?

What will you demand to limit fluid spills? Wired filter, drain plug, & rad cap? Overflow bottles?

What about getting dangerous people off the track... are you going to kick stunters out? What about people who can't control their bike and are being a menace to people nearby?

.. what if they refuse to leave.. "no way man, i paid $200 to leave skidmarks down the front stretch!!" ... going to lay down spike strips? =)

keepin' it steel Array GuySmiley's Avatar
    Bike
    (^_^)
    Quote Originally Posted by grant
    ...but if someone lasted a day at Mission, doesn't that prove they've set up their bike to be quiet enough?
    Yes and no. Yes it was quiet enough to pass the last time it was meter'd. But most aftermarket mufflers do not have baffles inside them; they have fibreglass packing instead. When you ride some of the packing gets blown out of the can and your bike gets louder. I suppose Andy and the people doing tech could take your word that the muffler is freshly repacked (for maximum quietness), but.....

Andy, you've got mail; sign me up.
    Mr. Burns: "Remember Homer, there is no muscle stronger than the human heart."
    Homer: "What about the weiner? I saw some guy on TV lift a can of paint with his."