BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

south africa moto gp race

859 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  F4eyes 
#1 · (Edited)
south africa motoGP race

not sure if anyone has catched the south africa motoGP race on speed this past sunday, but they are broadcasting a repeat of the south africa motoGP and the 250cc world championship next week sunday, with moto gp at 12pm PST and 250 cc at 1pm PST on speed.

meanwhile, here are the results (rider, team, total track time):

1. valentino rossi, gauloises fortuna yamaha, 43'50.218
2. max biaggi, camel honda, 43.'50.428
3. sete gibernau, telefonica movistar honda motoGP, 43'57.473
4. alex barros, respsol honda team, 44'08.885
5. nicky hayden, repsol honda team, 44'14.312
6. loris capirossi, ducati marlboro team, 44'14.593
7. colin edwards, telefonica movistar honda motoGP, 44'19.073
8. makoto tamada, camel honda, 44'26.753
9. norick abe, fortuna gauloises tech 3 (yamaha), 44'26.861
10. carlos checa, galouises fortuna yamaha, 44'29.502

11. marco melandri
12. shinya nakano
13. john hopkins
14. troy bayliss
15. shane byrne

congrats to rossi!! :thewave:thewave

See less See more
#6 ·
I have it recorded digitaly, but I'm having trouble working with the file in Adobe Premier. It's a weird Mpeg-4 format, yet it is saved as an AVI. Premier always crashes when I try to scrub though it and cut the commercials. Right now I'm trying to export it to a different file format, and then work with that new file instead (but for some reason Premier crashes there too!). If no one can help me with this, I'll have to re-record it on MiniDV, then capture that footage into Premier. The intention is to upload the final cut onto someone's server for all to see ;)

#8 · (Edited)
VictorEric said:
That would be cool if it can be on a server. I use Pinnacle Studio myself so I don't know much about Premier.

But if it's not too long of a tape (big file) I can try to play around with it.
It's 1.5GB right now :(, also the last bit after the last commercial is on a second file which is equaly huge (1+GB) since I wanted to capture the two SBK races after the MotoGP race. Basically i need to cut the 1st 5minutes of the 1st file, take out the commercials, and merge the start of the second file to the 1st and then export that to a new file. BUT - for some dumb reason I need to export each original file to another file format before I can even work with it.

I could send you the original files via my FTP, maybe you'll have better luck. It should take about 6 or 7 hours per file. Otherwise we should just cap the re-run on Sunday, but I might not be availble for that (vacation).

Lets work something out.

#10 · (Edited)
Hi Eric,

Yeah, see - The first file:

This file was intended to contain the ENTIRE race. This is not the case. Instead, due to clock timing differences, along with the fact that I scheduled 3 consecutive recordings, the end of the SouthAfrica GP should be contained on the second recording. So I'm going to download that from the other PC overnight tonight; then I'll know for sure.

But yes, like you said, let see how you go with the first file. PM me sometime soon so I can arrange the file to be downloaded to your PC.

Cheers!

OH BTW: I just troubleshooted a bit further and I determined that the problem is the audio. If I unlink the audio and delete the audio track, I can work with the original file and cut out the commercials and stuff. So what's the deal with Mpeg Layer-3 audio... isn't that essentially MP3???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.