taking care of a chromed-out bike

Thread: taking care of a chromed-out bike

taking care of a chromed-out bike

just wondering the best way to take care of my R1 - its chromed out and the chrome is dulling - the whole bike is chromed

2. Remove Advertisements

Chrome doesn't usually dull...are ya sure everything's not polished!!
    Check yer PM

Jason R
    Best way to take care of chrome is to get it anodized black.

extended exposure to UV from sunlight will bleach the chromium right outa the finish. Protect it by coating it with paint, preferably flat black or hiding the bike deep in the back of the garage. Some people put them in special "show" rooms but they protect them with little tags with lots of numbers on them. Best is keep it hidden!

In Your Girlfriend
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Strip it and polish it.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    lots of elbow grease to keep polishing it. If you have a buffer then even easier
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Get a can of 'Never Dull' at any Canadian Tire, Lordco or Napa store. It's a pre-soaked wad of cotton, solely for chrome cleaning & polishing... just grap a small wad of the stuff, rub it into the chrome gently, let it cloud, then buff it... and the shine'll come back . No elbow grease required - just patience. If it doesn't, the chrome wasn't done properly in the first place. I've used the stuff for many years, on many cars & bikes, and my chrome is Never Dull Amazing stuff
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.