Saturday May 1st - Qualicum Airport Appreciation Day

Thread: Saturday May 1st - Qualicum Airport Appreciation Day

Langley, BC
    None right now...

Saturday May 1st - Qualicum Airport Appreciation Day

I'll be riding from Burnaby to Qualicum, via the North Shore, Horseshoe Bay, and the 6:30 ferry to Nanaimo. Saturday is the 50th anniversary of the Qualicum airport, and there's an airport appreciation day going on. I'm going as the photographer for one of the flight demonstration teams that'll be performing. I'll be going up via the big highway, as I need to get there as early as possible to meet up with the team. Coming home, I may come down the coast highway depending on how much time I have... I'm planning on a 5:00 ferry back to Horseshoe Bay.

More info on Qualicum Airport's Anniversary:

Highlights: The Martin Mars water bomber usually does a water drop on the airfield before lunch... It's quite impressive. And the Fraser Blues will be performing (and i'll be taking pictures) around 1pm.

Anyone interested in joining me send me an email at <a href=""></a> or PM me. If you don't get in touch with me in time, meet me on the ferry, in the motorcycle parking area, before unloading. Island riders, we could meet somewhere island-side for the last bit of the ride to the airport.
    Last edited by Spike; 04-30-2004 at 09:37 AM. Reason: munged the email address link...