Banking with my helmet on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Banking with my helmet on

Registered User Array
    Bike
    New in 92 honda 900RR

Banking with my helmet on

so i ride to the bank, there are some ATM's outside, i decide to leave my helmet on, i'm only doing a quick deposit, beep beep, enter pin, select transaction, beep, select deposit, ,, enter amount,,,,, hmm, time to lick envelope, ... panic sets in!! i managed to tilt my helmet up abit shove the envelope under, and expertly licked the seal, some old lady looked at me funny, but whatever.

anyone else do funny stuff with their helmet on?

(i was thinking of putting a cup holder on my bike and using some clear plastic hose to finish off my mac'd's drink)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    yz250f
    A friend of mine walked into the bank with his lid on and when he was leaving one of the tellers ran out and asked him to NOT wear it inside again........they thought he was going to hold them up haha, paranoid I guess.

L__dD
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXGURL
    A friend of mine walked into the bank with his lid on and when he was leaving one of the tellers ran out and asked him to NOT wear it inside again........they thought he was going to hold them up haha, paranoid I guess.
    Same thing happened to me. But I can't blame them for being paranoid.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    I do the ATM's with my lid on all the time but I would NEVER think of going in to talk to real people with my lid on. That's just rude not to mention rasing suspicion in this day and age. I don't blame them for asking you to not wear it into the bank.

As for licking the envelope props to avoiding a dangerous paper cut...
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    I wish.
    Banks get robbed all the time. The last thing they need is someone wearing something that conceals their identity into the branch. Pretty straight forward stuff here.
    BCSB- Administrator

Registered User Array
    Bike
    New in 92 honda 900RR
    anyone do any OTHER funny stuff, with their helmet on?

Registered User Array polarpreza's Avatar
    Bike
    i sometimes don't bring my garage door remote when i go riding. most of the time i just press the button inside the garage and ran out, so I pretty much know the timing and running pace in order to get out. one time i did put on a helmet first. Forgot I was like 1/2inch taller ... press the button, run out as the usual pace.
    " bang " ......lucky I was wearing my helmet helmet works !!!

Free R. Kelly! Array vincenzo888's Avatar
    Bike
    some kind
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh cbr1000
    anyone do any OTHER funny stuff, with their helmet on?
    motogp3 for the ps2. full gear in the winter time when i'm jonsin' to ride.

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    Quote Originally Posted by polarpreza
    i sometimes don't bring my garage door remote when i go riding. most of the time i just press the button inside the garage and ran out, so I pretty much know the timing and running pace in order to get out. one time i did put on a helmet first. Forgot I was like 1/2inch taller ... press the button, run out as the usual pace.
    " bang " ......lucky I was wearing my helmet helmet works !!!
    Wow, you like to cut it close, don't you?

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh cbr1000
    so i ride to the bank, there are some ATM's outside, i decide to leave my helmet on, i'm only doing a quick deposit, beep beep, enter pin, select transaction, beep, select deposit, ,, enter amount,,,,, hmm, time to lick envelope, ... panic sets in!! i managed to tilt my helmet up abit shove the envelope under, and expertly licked the seal, some old lady looked at me funny, but whatever.

anyone else do funny stuff with their helmet on?

(i was thinking of putting a cup holder on my bike and using some clear plastic hose to finish off my mac'd's drink)
    Your story sounds incredibly similar to Joseph's story in this thread...

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=32122

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I just got my first motorcycle (a couple weeks ago) and I needed to head to the bank to deposit some money... so I figure, aww heck now that I'm on a vehicle let's use the drive through teller! All was going really well until I need to put the money in an envelope and lick it...

so there I was, too lazy to take off my helmet, the teller machine beeping at me to put in the money, and I'm trying to lick the envelope through the visor section.. man I musta looked hilarious.

oh well, I did a pathetic lick job, but got the task done...

I haven't tried the drivethrough for fast food yet... if my envelope licking expereince is anything to go by, I'm thinking eating with a helmet on would be difficult.. (Unless I had one of those full face helmest that the whole front goes up)

-Joseph

Registered User Array
    Bike
    I work in a bank, and I've been held up (mostly at gun point)more times than any one else in Royal Bank history. Please don't wear your helmet in the bank. We are skitish for damn good reason. Ball caps and sunglasses also scare the crap out of me. Although, looking on the bright side of armed robbery, I got enough money in danger pay to fully deck out my VFR! It got so I was thinking of the danger pay and whether it would be enough for the brakes/suspension/other stuff WHILE the guy had a handgun rammed into my head.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I always feel like a bobble-head figure when I don't take my helmet off to deal with people. There's the odd time I'll keep it on if I have to pay for gas inside the station or something, and that's pretty much because I've got earplugs in and it's a bigger pain to undo everything for a few seconds of human interaction.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Bike
    Motordirex Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo888
    motogp3 for the ps2. full gear in the winter time when i'm jonsin' to ride.
    Who hasnt done that...cracks my kids up pretty good too!
    Thain
    WMRC #888
    Sponsors

Hater of slower deceitful and backstabbing individuals

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    I hate it when people wear there helmets into the shop and try to talk to you . I'm borderline deaf so I have a hard time knowing what people are saying without seeing there lips.

Bike
    tiz Red.
    I did the bank thing just a couple days ago, never thought about trying to lick the envelope... lol. I ended up licking my fingers and using them to seal it.
    BCSB- Moderator
    Spink.ca