Breaking in new bike

Thread: Breaking in new bike

Registered User Array
    05 suzuki sv 650

Breaking in new bike

Just bought my first bike yesterday just wondering what your guys opinions are on breaking in the bike. Its an 04 suzuki gs 500f. I have heard a few different things, the dealer said to take it easy and not rev past 5000rpm till i reach 500km then 7000rpm until 1000km then to go nuts. From some other people i am hearing that i should rev it to the redline a few times once i get it. What do you guys think ? Anyone else on here have this bike, just wondering how you like it? Also i would like to say thanks to S&V motorcycle world in surrey for giving me an awesome deal on the bike and all the gear, good bunch of guys there!! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

There have been quite a few threads on the subject of break-in procedure and everyone gets all cunty whenever the subject is brought up. Maybe try doing a search in the Tech&Mods forum.

Congrats on the new bike!!!

seriosuly ......... it WILL tell you what rpm you cant excede (sp?) and for how long and listen they wrote guidelines for a reason

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    Yea, form your own opinions dude after doing your homework.
    Oil's and breakins are hot topics when it comes to bike tech.
    If you want to know, I use Mobil1 15x50 racing oil and I break all my vehicles in systematically (not going to redline necessarly).