just wondering?

Thread: just wondering?

just wondering?

hey everybody i was just wondering if anybody rode or driven from vancouver to calgary around this time before for i have not done it before but mite try it out. how was the ride,the weather,how long did it take,how much did it cost for fuel, Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Kamloops, BC
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    I went from Kamloops to Beiseker (1 hour north-east of Calgary) 2 weekends ago.

The road was wonderful except for the construction zones. However, at each lineup of cars, I simply pulled to the shoulder and slowly filtered pass all of them to the front. All the flag people aggreeded with me that I shouldn't have to wait and that it was safer at the front.

Weather was a bit cold through the pass as it was overcast the enitre time. I thought I was going to freeze to death through 3 Vally Gap. On the way back I had sun though.

My fuel stops were:
    Lake Louise

It cost me roughly $35 one-way in fuel. I also use nothing but 94 or in Alberta, the higest you can get.

It took me roughly 8 hours to get there, and 7 hours to get back. I was hauling ass through Alberta though. Up to 150km/h through most of the secondary highways.

I tried to stop every hour or so to get off and stretch and have a drink of water. Have a good ride.
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

03 gsxr 1000
    take highway three, some rougher roads but way nicer drive. 10 hours should give you time for rests. when you get out of thre rockies, take 22x northeast (I think) out of crowsnest pass along the mountains into calgary via turner valley. this route is by memory so check the details