Looking for a 04' 10R or the R1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a 04' 10R or the R1

Bike
    ZX-10R

Looking for a 04' 10R or the R1

Its time to buy a new bike, I've given up hope on getting back my 929rr... Will miss it, have had great rides with it. I've been to Daytona, Richmond Motorsports and Burnaby Kawasaki and have decided to get either the ZX 10R or the R1. Now all the dealers are praising the bikes they have but I'd appreciate the real world point of view from anyone of you who owns either of the 2 bikes.

Your comments are appreciated.

Arnab
    #74 Katosan

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

ironmann
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnab
    Its time to buy a new bike, I've given up hope on getting back my 929rr... Will miss it, have had great rides with it. I've been to Daytona, Richmond Motorsports and Burnaby Kawasaki and have decided to get either the ZX 10R or the R1. Now all the dealers are praising the bikes they have but I'd appreciate the real world point of view from anyone of you who owns either of the 2 bikes.

Your comments are appreciated.

Arnab

I dont own the 10r or the R1 but to of my frends have these bikes and ive put some in on both these bikes...........mind u its a 2003 r1 and a 2004 zx10r..............i personally like the zx10r as it is more flickable than the r1 but the r1 has a comfortable ride position..........in the end it all depends on u..............but my votes goes to the zx10r and also if i were u'd id go pay brian over at Burnaby Kawasaki a visit.......he'll hook you up with a nice deal on a 10r as well.......

Bike
    ZX-10R
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmann
    I dont own the 10r or the R1 but to of my frends have these bikes and ive put some in on both these bikes...........mind u its a 2003 r1 and a 2004 zx10r..............i personally like the zx10r as it is more flickable than the r1 but the r1 has a comfortable ride position..........in the end it all depends on u..............but my votes goes to the zx10r and also if i were u'd id go pay brian over at Burnaby Kawasaki a visit.......he'll hook you up with a nice deal on a 10r as well.......
    thanks man, whats the retails am i looking for...!
    #74 Katosan

Petro_
    Make sure you get the details on the '04 R1 before you by the 10r

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    Retail prices are available on all manufacturers websites. That is where I got them from.

CBR1000RR - $14,999.00

GSXR-1000 - $14,699.00
    GSXR-1000Z - $14,799.00

YZF-R1 - $14,899.00

ZX10R - $14,599.00

I think there is a silver/black '03 954RR for $10,800 at RTR Performance (Kamloops Honda) if that interests you.

These picz/prices are from www.blackfootonline.com in Calgary.

Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

Outlaw
    Haven't ridden either yet, but I know a couple peeps in the States with both bikes......going by what they say about them, and the fact that I know a guy with a brand new R1 that blew his motor, and have heard of a few others.
    I think I'd take the ZX10.
    Hopin to be able to ride them soon, as my Busa is lookin lonely in the shop.

Just other's opinions though.....can only offer what I've heard...sorry!!

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    heard the new R1's are blowin up. . . . . .

Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Bike
    ZX-10R
    Yeah hear the same thing from J1K, he told me that the new r1 feels similar to the older r1's...but he had nothing but good things to say about the kawi. although he did mention his comments on its gauges, which i'm not a fan of either. i was inclined towards the r1 in the beginning because it looks oh so cool, but the pipes causing the seats to get warm, not a good idea if i'll be talking it back to the middle east...where temp reaches 48 in summer (unofficially).........thanks for the comments guys much appreciated...

cheers

arnab
    #74 Katosan

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crass
    heard the new R1's are blowin up. . . . . .

This is true... but I read a similar story about the 10R too. I also read alot of tranny issues with the 10 and early clutch issues with the R1. Check your PM's the guy that started this thread.

All the 04s are within a few tenth of one other in terms of all out at the edge performance. I say ride em all, see what you like and buy that. Cuz in the end they are all stuck in the same FUCKING traffic! LOL
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    both are sweet bikes
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Bike
    Red 04 R1
    I love my 04 R1, tried the zx10 and didn't like it much. Didn't feel comfortable on it.
    Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield

Bike
    Something on 2 wheels
    At the end of the day, both bikes will perform in a similar range, the only deciding factor (track days) boils down to the rider itself.

I'd say check out both bikes thoroughly, and get the one that suites you.

Talk with Kevin at Vancouver Yamaha, he'll definately help you out, and even give you invaluable service and advice on everything
    xx Do not wait for the last judgment. It comes every day. xx

Bike
    ZX-10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashcrop
    At the end of the day, both bikes will perform in a similar range, the only deciding factor (track days) boils down to the rider itself.

Talk with Kevin at Vancouver Yamaha, he'll definately help you out, and even give you invaluable service and advice on everything
    cheers guys
    #74 Katosan

Bike
    Red 04 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashcrop

or talk to Bieu Williams at Pac Yam, he'll hook you up too
    Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield

Bike
    ZX-10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    or talk to Bieu Williams at Pac Yam, he'll hook you up too
    yup just got a pm from him, cant decide man, which one to choose, before it was easy, now in '04 its soo hard, kawi/yamaha!!!!!!!!!!
    #74 Katosan