Do you wave to squidly riders?

View Poll Results: Do you wave to the squids

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, there still riders first and foremost.

124 74.25%
  • No, I'm scared if they wave back they'll fall

33 19.76%
  • I hate everybody and never wave

10 5.99%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you wave to squidly riders?

Got Crazy? Array crazycharlie909's Avatar
    Bike
    2012 Diavel Carbon

Do you wave to squidly riders?

Don't know if this has been polled before, just wanna know who does and who doesn't. I'm tryin to break the no gear habit, but I'd still wave to someone who wasn't geared up. Opinions please
    Suck it Trebek!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

ridenrain
    Absolutely! I wave with both hands and jump up and down, especially in traffic on bridges.. anything to help them loose control.

Get to da choppah! Array k_vist's Avatar
    Bike
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard Evo SP
    No, I laugh at them.
    But whatever, if they want the people in emergeny taking a fucking nylon brush to their freshly torn skin, with no anesthetic, then that's their choice.
    "Working on a motorcycle, working well, caring, is to become part of a process, to achieve an inner peace of mind. The motorcycle is primarily a mental phenomenon."

- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I wave to everyone, except those riding scooters.
    Then I'm laughing too hard to break contact with the handlebars.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    i wave at everyone, i like everyone, everyone is my friend.........cept the kreeps that stole my bike last year. them i wish pain and suffering on!!
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

back on the street Array lowlife's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 GSXR 750 (race only), 2015 Ninja 1000 (street)
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar
    I don't care if you wear gear, afterall, it's your skin
    it may be their skin, but we all pay for health care....
    WMRC #97
    EMRA/CMRA #97

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    how the fuck do you ride when you're so busy passing judgements on things that DO NOT MATTER?!
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer V2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99
    how the fuck do you ride when you're so busy passing judgements on things that DO NOT MATTER?!
    Really? Its doesnt matter? I bet you would notice if the rider was wearing a police uniform.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by miraclejoe
    Really? Its doesnt matter? I bet you would notice if the rider was wearing a police uniform.

police uniform concern : me getting busted. why? getting busted sucks, another ticket to fight.

some dude in shorts+t: concern: none. who gives a fuck if they crash and die, or what amount of pain they deal with if they live. NOT MY PAIN, NOT MY CONCERN. and it shouldn't be yours either, atleast not to the point of "ho hum dee dum, hey that guys not wearing GEAR! no wave for him!" - as if not waving is going to enlighten anyone!
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

casa
    who gives a shit if you wear gear or not?

Crabalocker
    I wave, but i do it half-assed and i won't nod.....or else they won't LEARN NUTHIN'.

The worst though is the guys who wear gear but have a passenger without gear. That is when i don't wave. I can tell my lack of physical acknowledgement totally takes the wind outta their sails. I can almost see the rider question his decision to get a bike in the first place. When faced with rejection like that, most "squidly riders" are subjected to the most unpleasant dry-heaving and cold sweats, due to feelings of rejection and detachment.

back on the street Array lowlife's Avatar
    Bike
    2008 GSXR 750 (race only), 2015 Ninja 1000 (street)
    I don't give a shit if the guy wears gear or not, but why should my taxes go to pay for his stupidity.
    WMRC #97
    EMRA/CMRA #97

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlife
    I don't give a shit if the guy wears gear or not, but why should my taxes go to pay for his stupidity.
    i'd like to take this opportunity to point out that MUCH more of your money is probably being dished out to scammers who want a new bike cuz their old one is 'scratched' or whathaveyou, than is dished out to pay for wire-scrub-brushes, iodine bottles, and such.

Bike
    I wave to a fellow rider, out of respect. As for no gear, it's a chance and choice they make.
    Only the strong survive.