you opinions please

Thread: you opinions please

Registered User Array
    Bike
    gesx500f

you opinions please

i was wondering between the a 2000 honda 929 and a 2000 honda firestorm. is there a better??

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

... Array
    Bike
    929's are bad for tankslappers..... many people have crashed their 929's due to them....

Registered User Array
    Bike
    gesx500f

hmmmm

what is a tankslapper??

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    think highspeed death-wobble.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

dknite
    929's are bad for tankslappers..... many people have crashed their 929's due to them....
    They are not nearly as bad as the rep they seem to have. I have yet to experience even a minor one,.. and know lots of riders who feel the same. Not to mention that it is easily curable with a damper.

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    Yes, it is easy for these things to be blown out of proportion--especially by people who have never ridden one!

Ask those of us you have spent any time on one and you will probably find out that tankslappers are not common at all. And in fact, a lot of people who experience minor headshake call it a tankslapper--they are NOT the same thing. This just propogates the infamy of the 929, which is too bad because it may disuade people from buying a bike they would be very happy with.

As far as your choice is concerned, try them both out and let your heart decide.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email