Fireblade or Firestorm?

Thread: Fireblade or Firestorm?

Question Fireblade or Firestorm?

Trolling for opinions here. I have the opportunity to trade in my Firestorm (VTR1000) for a Fireblade (CBR929rr) at a good deal.

This is my first vtwin, and but I haven't had experience with i4s either... what would you do? and why?

I'd like to get the 'blade, since I miss the quick revs, but the lack (or lesser) of low end torque is a consideration.
    Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.

2. Remove Advertisements

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    Keep the VTR. Not many Vtwins out there.
    Sounds waaay too good with a modified exhaust.....did you do yours yet?
    You wouldnt be thinking about trading it in if you had

More than meets the eye Array Pvt. BLOGGINS's Avatar
    2004 Katana 750, 1992 GS500
    Stick VTR....

Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    04 Supersquid 750
    The twin for sure, unless all-out speed is your first priority. The sound and entertainment factor of the VTR should help you make your choice.

North Van
    Well its time for the I4 side of the story. First off you won't miss all that low end grunt, because I own a 929 and I have ridden the RC51 and I didn't get off the RC going wow that's a lot of low end torque. Second I would have to side with the vtwin guys on the sound issue although I have the sweetest sounding set of pipes around so my 929 sounds better then everybody's else's. As far as handling and what not you would love the 929 it is very flickable and solid in the corners once you dial in the suspension, not saying that the twins aren't.

hope this helps
    You wouldn't believe the number of tools you meet selling tools

North Vancouver
    98 Suzuki TLS
    Take one for a test ride! Everytime I hop onto a different bike, it's a completely different riding experience. Weather it be an inline 4 or a twin, each has their own little quirks that are fun in their own way. You gotta know which engine suits your riding style.

I love hanging out at 7 thousand rpms and hearing an angry engine ready to scream but I also love chugging along with a burbling twin. Horsepower numbers and weight don't mean as much to me as the 'feel' of an engine. Its gonna be tough to every go back to an in-line four unless it's a secondary bike.
    I love my squared off tyres. Torque rules.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    I'm prejudiced in favor or the VTR. My first thought was "stay with the VTR". Now I'd say: "have a quick fling with the Fireblade, get it out of your system, and return to the VTR cuz' ya missed it so much". Both bikes have their merits... the grass is always greener but on a VTR at 280kph... who's watchin' the grass anyway
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Registered User Array
    2001 f4i
    Keep the VTR, sound and look sweet! Plus you don't see them as often.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I favour the 929.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.